What Should I Do to Succeed in Particle Physics? A High School Student's Journey

• Thread starter Caveman
  • Start date
Caveman
Hey, folks.
My name is _______, but you can just call me Caveman. I'm a junior in high school who's pretty much decided to go into physics in college (Though I'm not one to toot my own horn, I think I very well might have the highest grade in my physics class)- specifically, at this juncture, particle physics, but that's quite subject to change. I joined this primarily to get some guidance on what I should do in these obviously crucial years to have a chance at being successful (seeing as particle physics seems to be a field where you're either very successful or… not… but again I'm not sure even about that, but that's a question for another post), but… I'm noticing now that there's lots of discussion about actual physics stuff here so… coool, I could learn to like it here :biggrin:

Also, and I hope you all don't shut me out as soon as I say this - that's not conducive to the sharing of knowledge, and what is science but that (it's in the name- from Latin scire, 'to know')? - because it doesn't conflict at all with my openness to ideas (in fact, I believe it makes me all the more open and accepting): I am a practicing Catholic (and that's important enough to me for me to openly admit that on a scientific forum ;) - but I won't thrust that anywhere it's not welcome, in following with the rules of this forum. That's not how we're supposed to do things - Christians, or just people in general. :approve: )

So, that's me! I'm really hyped about this now, there seems to be discussion about everything on here. Can't wait to learn.

Last edited:
Likes Shreyas Shree
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Take some time to read the forum rules and remember we focus on answering mainstream science questions. We don't dwell on personal theories or speculative science.