What sparked my passion for physics at age 26?

• Thread starter noobishparticle
  • Start date
In summary, the individual developed a passion for physics at age 26 due to their natural curiosity and interest in science. Taking a physics course in college solidified their love for the subject, with its combination of mathematical rigor and real-world applications. A research project during their senior year in college further fueled their passion for physics. The individual also credits influential figures such as their high school physics teacher and college professors for inspiring them. This passion ultimately led them to pursue a graduate degree in physics and a career in research. Their advice for others developing a passion for physics at a later age is to keep an open mind, be curious, and take advantage of learning opportunities while always remembering the initial spark that ignited their passion.
noobishparticle
Hello everyone! I am a first year undergraduate physics student from Turkey! This is my 3rd major program (which i abandoned last 2 of them). I have decided to study physics in my 26th birthday :) and I was right! I enjoy every single minute i spend thinking about a problem, even if i feel my brain is going to explode when i study abstract math :) Anyway, thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
hi bro, i am a freshman, too. btw i wonder which university are you at? :)

yo! Istanbul university. you ?

metu :) i have a homework to deal with, :D would you like to help, or to see how my teacher gives the homeworks

i will, if i can. what is that about ?

energy, mostly.

Attachments

• homework5.pdf
    89.3 KB · Views: 142

Related to What sparked my passion for physics at age 26?

1. What led you to develop a passion for physics at age 26?

I have always been curious about how the world works and have had a natural inclination towards science. However, it was not until I took a physics course in college that I truly fell in love with the subject. The combination of mathematical rigor and real-world applications fascinated me and sparked my passion for physics.

2. Did any specific event or experience trigger your interest in physics at age 26?

Yes, during my senior year of college, I had the opportunity to work on a research project with a professor in the physics department. This experience allowed me to apply the concepts I learned in class to real-world problems and ignited a passion for research in physics.

3. Were there any influential figures in your life who inspired your passion for physics at age 26?

Absolutely. My high school physics teacher was incredibly passionate about the subject and made the class engaging and fun. In college, I had the privilege of working with several brilliant professors who were not only experts in their fields but also enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge and inspiring the next generation of physicists.

4. How did your passion for physics at age 26 impact your career path?

My passion for physics led me to pursue a graduate degree in the subject and ultimately led me to a career in research. I am constantly learning and discovering new things in the field, and I am grateful for the opportunities that my passion for physics has brought me.

5. What advice do you have for others who may be developing a passion for physics at a later age?

It is never too late to develop a passion for physics. Keep an open mind, be curious, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Take advantage of opportunities to learn and engage with the subject, whether it be through courses, research, or attending lectures. Most importantly, always remember why you fell in love with physics in the first place and let that passion drive you forward.