What Types of Beer Do You Prefer?

• Thread starter Jonny_trigonometry
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Beer
In summary, the types of beer preferred by individuals vary greatly. Some enjoy light and refreshing lagers, while others prefer bold and hoppy IPAs. Stouts and porters appeal to those who enjoy a rich and full-bodied flavor, while wheat beers are popular among those who prefer a lighter and citrusy taste. Belgian and sour beers also have their own devoted fan base. Ultimately, the type of beer one prefers is a matter of personal taste and preference.
cyrusabdollahi said:
Anyone know any sweet(ish) non-bitter tasting drinks? I don't like the bitter taste of beer or wine. I need something for my sweet tooth.
Ever had any cider or mead?

Physics news on Phys.org
Nope. I want to try some drinks, but I don't want to spend all that money buying a whole bottle at the liquor store that I won't finish. But at the same time if I go to a bar I don't know what to ask the bartender for, and I don't want to buy a drink I won't like and waste my money. If I find something I like then I could go buy some bottles and make it myself at home.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Nope. I want to try some drinks, but I don't want to spend all that money buying a whole bottle at the liquor store that I won't finish. But at the same time if I go to a bar I don't know what to ask the bartender for, and I don't want to buy a drink I won't like and waste my money. If I find something I like then I could go buy some bottles and make it myself at home.
Oh, so you were thinking more along the lines of hard liquer?
Ciders are pretty sweet. Most of the hard apple ciders taste a lot like apple juice. They also make pear cider and peach cider. I had a honey mead once. It was much too sweet for my taste really, like white wine with honey added. It's also a bit expensive and hard to find usually I think.
Lambic is something I forgot. It's a type of beer. The only ones I have ever seen have been flavoured, raspberry and peach specifically. Unlike most flavoured beers these are actually very strongly flavoured and very sweet.

I had one drink today. It was ok. I don't remember the name of it, maybe you know. It started with an M. I think it was mint, limes, vodca (maybe Rum?) and something else I guess. I finished it all, so it wasn't a waste of money :-p

I still don't like the taste of beer though , I would take hard liquor over beer anyday.

Edit: I found it, its called a Mojito. I think its a girly drink

mojito.jpg

2 wedges Lime
2 leaves Mint
2 oz. Simple Syrup
2 oz. Light Rum
splash Club Soda
splash Ginger Ale

Last edited:
I think I found the ultimate beer for physicists

http://www.kroneckerdelta.co.uk/

Last edited by a moderator:
Stella Artois ftw...

I'm new as hell btw and btw, why can't I see the option for having avatar/signatures?

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
Edit: I found it, its called a Mojito. I think its a girly drink

mojito.jpg

2 wedges Lime
2 leaves Mint
2 oz. Simple Syrup
2 oz. Light Rum
splash Club Soda
splash Ginger Ale
:smile: I think men can drink it, but first you need to wait for summer, then put on your Bermuda shorts and wear black socks with sandals while lounging by the pool. :biggrin:

Actually, it sounds like a really good summer drink...a rum version of a mint julep. http://home.att.net/~ejlinton/dom_mint-julep.html

I need to find more drinks to try. I hear a Jack and coke is good.

somone make me a list of drinks!

I tried a vodca martini, shaken no stirred (Bond, James Bond). NASTAAAY!

Last edited:
A jack and coke is good if you like jack. It's definitely not going to get you in trouble for drinking girly drinks. :biggrin: Some also drink jack and ginger (gingerale).

Okay, no vodka martinis for you...have you had them with gin? That's a proper martini. The trend seems to be for people to order them dry, so it's basically gin with an olive, which I don't like. I prefer them sweet, which means more vermouth in them, and dirty, which means with some olive juice added.

Then there's a cosmopolitan, which is cranberry juice, lime juice, triple sec, and vodka (I think...might have left something out there) served in a martini glass. Though, I don't think I've ever seen men ordering them, but if you drank that other fru fru drink, you could get away with a cosmo...be secure in your masculinity! :biggrin:

If you like whiskey, whiskey sours are good, as is a Lynchburg Lemonade (but the real thing, not the stuff Jack Daniels bottles...that's a bit too sweet)...I don't remember the proportions...it was sour mix, jack, 7-UP (or similar soda), and triple sec. Ah...here's the recipe! http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink4471.html Serve it in a pint-size mason jar for authenticity. :biggrin: I really like those.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I need to find more drinks to try. I hear a Jack and coke is good.

somone make me a list of drinks!

I tried a vodca martini, shaken no stirred (Bond, James Bond). NASTAAAY!
I like Jack and Coke. It definitely has a strong flavour of alcohol to it though if you tend to prefer the 'girlie' drinks.

One you may like would be a Tom Collins(gin) or Vodka Collins. Their made with Gin or Vodka with sweet and sour and soda.edit/ a splash of Southern Comfort in a Vodka Collins is good too but not the way it's usually made. I wouldn't suggest it in a Tom Collins though./edit

I alos like just a straight up gin and tonic but it has to be decent gin like Bombay Saphire or Tanqueray or it tastes like floor cleaner. This one also has a rather strong taste of alcohol to it so you may want to be careful.

Last edited:
Ooh, yum...I like Tom Collins and gin and tonic. With gin and tonic, I also taste a noticeable difference between different brands of tonic water too...I never expected it. I like Schweppes...tried a store brand once and it was awful, but I imagine different people would prefer different brands since there is a difference in taste.

Planning a trip to Africa, Moonie? Good thinking to start soaking up the quinine. :biggrin:

Lets see. More drinks.

There's one I used to drink a long time ago called an Adios M***** F*****. I'm not really sure what's in one but I know someplaces they taste like absolute crap. Also it's best to just ask for an "Adios" to be on the safe side and not offend anyone.

Mai Tais are pretty good. Very fruity so you won't really taste the alcohol much.

The Sisterhood seems to swear by Apple Martinis. I had a Chocolate Martini once and it wasn't bad but not really my type of drink.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I need to find more drinks to try.
Try a good BARLYWINE, like "EKU28" or "Bigfoot", drink them slow.

RandallB said:
Try a good BARLYWINE, like "EKU28" or "Bigfoot", drink them slow.

Beer sucks. Hard liquor sucks. Mixed drinks suck.

I like iced tea, though... :smile:

-Dan

Miller High Life is my favorite beer. It is not too expensive and tastes great. I use to be a Jim Beam drinker, but had to stop that due to getting too drunk too fast! I don't like dark beers.

Mmmmmm I lurve beer. Unfortunately 3 pints of Kew Brew by Youngs (one of the best breweries ever) has made me a bit slow and fuzzy headed today :zzz:

My favourite beer is Keith's, but I also like Dos Equis (sp?), Kirin, and dark Heineken. Every once in a while I'll have a Guiness; it tastes like it's been filtered through a moose, but it looks so nice that I can't resist.
One of my friends brews his own... at 15% alcohol. A six-pack of that stuff goes a long way. :bugeye:
I hate bourbon normally, but if you mix it half and half with lime cordial, it tastes like iced tea.
Australian port is sneaky ****. You can drink it like fruit juice for half a bottle or so, and then it all hits at once and knocks you on your ass.
There's a really nice product that consists of a dual-chamber bottle with two spouts. One is white chocolate, and the other is dark. When you pour it, it layers itself like a shooter.
Oh, and speaking of which... tequila! :-p

best beer and brewery in existence:

http://www.victorybeer.com/Images/victory_BEERS.gif