What's the Deal with Being a Noob in Online Forums?

• Thread starter JohnFreethought
  • Start date
In summary, being a "noob" or new member in online forums can be a challenging experience. It often involves navigating unfamiliar rules and norms, dealing with potential hostility from more experienced members, and learning how to effectively communicate and contribute to the community. However, with perseverance and a willingness to learn, being a noob can also be a valuable opportunity to gain knowledge and form connections with others who share similar interests.
JohnFreethought
How did you find PF?
Google
Not much to say really. Just have questions sometimes. Guess it could be nice to talk to people other than the voices in my head. I'm kidding...well kinda.
I like to talk about rediculious and imagintively bizarre topics as much as I enjoy the serious and paradigm shift driven conversation.

I'm torn between the understanding that all of us just wants to be heard and allowing a non expert time to provide their "opinion". And also the fact that it's a massive time suck. I'm still on the fence there.

And I also like irony. See you around the forum

Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Likes JohnFreethought
Wow. OK. I see a lot of people open with the whole "noob" thing. Is this a gamer thing or a milennial thing. Cause if it's option 2... Don't think I could handle that

Likes PeroK
JohnFreethought said:
Wow. OK. I see a lot of people open with the whole "noob" thing. Is this a gamer thing or a milennial thing. Cause if it's option 2... Don't think I could handle that
Being a noob is probably better than being a numpty.

Back