What's the last time someone said thank you to you?

• Thread starter SticksandStones
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation included various individuals sharing their positive experiences and things that made them smile throughout the day. These included a US judge throwing out a case against God, getting a new filling, a daughter visiting at work, helping with a presentation on satellite operations, finding a trip package for a good price, a trip to the fair, a random act of kindness, kittens, a seal walking into a club, rubber band fights, getting a haircut, and receiving compliments. However, the conversation also touched on negative experiences, such as encountering unethical people and cheating in school.
Not exactly a smile , the following was kind of interesting

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5a8eb984d1

Physics news on Phys.org
Dropping a dime at the bookstore when I was there with my husband (grabbing coffee, which itself makes me smile). He joked to the cashier that I "dropped the dime"... I handed it to him and then told him I was just giving him more than my two cents worth.

borek said:
sounds like obelix to me.

exactly! We don't get asterix and obelix over here, but for some reason I came across a comic book once when I was little and got hooked on them. BTW is it O-belix or AH-belix? The answer could solve a 30 year old fight if I could ever find the girl I had the fight with.

Last edited:
My boyfriend showed me his take home exam and it consisted of 3, 12 page essays on various theories of god... I smiled because it made me happy to be a science student

What is "^" and is there a part of our text or the modules that uses it?

An arts student ...

He seriously asked this question!

fileen said:
My boyfriend showed me his take home exam and it consisted of 3, 12 page essays on various theories of god... I smiled because it made me happy to be a science student

It made me smile too! :biggrin:

Evo said:
You're getting compliments because people really think you're pretty. You ARE pretty. If I find you being down on yourself again you will be in grave danger of some serious fish induced injuries. :devil:

Thanks evo :biggrin: Oh no, I really don't want the wrath of fish upon me!

JasonRox said:
Believe it or not, this is why I am particular about who I compliment. I don't want to compliment someone and then have them turn around and throw it in the can because they're insecure or lack self-esteem.

It's not that I'm insecure, but I don't want to be known as one of those girls that know they are pretty and throw it in your face. I always seem to get giddy when I get a nice compliment. Plus, I get a real red face! So, I would rather deny it, so I don't look so needy or something...

mcknia07 said:
Thanks evo :biggrin: Oh no, I really don't want the wrath of fish upon me!

It's not that I'm insecure, but I don't want to be known as one of those girls that know they are pretty and throw it in your face. I always seem to get giddy when I get a nice compliment. Plus, I get a real red face! So, I would rather deny it, so I don't look so needy or something...

You are pathetic! :smile:

I been trying to learn how to reply when I receive a complement/someone thanks me etc. I usually try not to get into these situations. But most people know that ...

JasonRox said:
That's what you think about at the end of the day? Like, think about good things.

Both happened at ~ 11:30 PM yesterday. I slept and forgot .. and then came another good day!

It was an ordinary day until I started thinking about things making it a good day. :biggrin:

rootX said:
You are pathetic! :smile:

I been trying to learn how to reply when I receive a complement/someone thanks me etc. I usually try not to get into these situations. But most people know that ...

I don't get how I'm pathetic... I said thank you :)

I was going to cut my throat today after work. (I'm way overworked..)

But I found this thread.

:smile:

Thank you.

I think I can hang on till spring. (which always get's me through the summer...)

OmCheeto said:
I was going to cut my throat today after work. (I'm way overworked..)

But I found this thread.

:smile:

Thank you.

I think I can hang on till spring. (which always get's me through the summer...)
This.

I can't remember the last time someone said thank you to me.