When is the Best Time to View the Galactic Centre from the UK?

In summary, the best time of year to view the Galactic Centre with an optical telescope is in the summer. It should be visible from the UK. The local sidereal time when it would be highest in the sky is not specified. The parallax of the Galactic Centre, which is 8 kpc away, is not mentioned. There is a question about any relevant materials to read on this and a request for possible approaches to the problem, but no answer is provided.
Owen-

Homework Statement

What is the best time of year to view the Glalactic Centre (RA=17h 45m Dec=-29[degrees]) with an optical telescope? Would it be visible from the uk?At what local sidereel time would it be highest in the sky, and what is its parallax if the galactic centre is 8 kpc away?

The Attempt at a Solution

From the lecture I'm pretty certain its in Summer, although I've lost my notes, and I am totally clueless for how to do this.

Any relevant material you c\an think of for me to read on this?

Thanks,
Owen.

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you think of any approach to the problem? What materials are in hand?

Related to When is the Best Time to View the Galactic Centre from the UK?

What is the Galactic Centre?

The Galactic Centre is the rotational center of our Milky Way galaxy. It is located approximately 26,000 light years away from Earth and is home to a supermassive black hole known as Sagittarius A*.

Why is the Observation of Galactic Centre important?

The observation of the Galactic Centre allows scientists to study the dynamics and structure of our galaxy, as well as the properties of the supermassive black hole at its center. This information can help us better understand the evolution and behavior of galaxies.

How is the Galactic Centre observed?

The Galactic Centre can be observed using a variety of telescopes and instruments, including radio, infrared, and X-ray telescopes. These observations can provide different views and insights into the region.

What have we learned from observing the Galactic Centre?

Observations of the Galactic Centre have revealed the presence of a compact radio source, which was later identified as Sagittarius A*. Scientists have also been able to study the orbits of stars near the Galactic Centre, providing evidence for the existence of a supermassive black hole.

What future observations are planned for the Galactic Centre?

Future observations of the Galactic Centre will continue to use a variety of telescopes and instruments, including the upcoming James Webb Space Telescope. These observations will allow scientists to further study the dynamics and evolution of our galaxy and the supermassive black hole at its center.