Where Can I Find a Comprehensive C# Math Library?

• C#
  • Thread starter DivergentSpectrum
  • Start date
In summary, there is a C# library called Math.NET that includes some features found in programs like Mathematica and Maxima. It is mostly used for parsing, but also has some symbolic integration capabilities. However, there is a lack of documentation for the Math.NET Symbolics component. One option for finding documentation is to look at example code, or possibly try to read the source code yourself. Another option is to use a different library, such as Yet Another Math Parser (YAMP), which has good documentation and a helpful creator.
DivergentSpectrum
Im looking for a c# library that basically contains everything programs like mathematica/maxima have.
Mostly just for parsing, but some symbolic integration/etc ability would be nice too
thanks

Technology news on Phys.org
⋅thanks, that's the one i was looking at actually but the nudoq appears to only have mathnet.numerics while I am mostly looking for documentation for mathnet.symbolics

Update:
I still can't find documentation. mathnet looks really good but i can't find anything that tells me how to use it

I'm sure you've seen this, but there is at least some example code here: http://symbolics.mathdotnet.com/docs/

Have you thought about grabbing the source and trying to read it yourself? Maybe then you can write some decent documentation for it if none exists.

Related to Where Can I Find a Comprehensive C# Math Library?

1. What is a C# math library?

A C# math library is a collection of mathematical functions and methods that can be used in C# programming. These libraries provide pre-written code for common mathematical operations, making it easier for programmers to perform complex calculations in their code.

2. What are the benefits of using a C# math library?

Using a C# math library can save time and effort for programmers, as they do not have to write code from scratch for common mathematical operations. These libraries are also usually optimized for performance, making calculations faster and more efficient.

3. How do I find and use a C# math library?

C# math libraries can be found online through various sources, such as open-source repositories or commercial libraries. Once a library is found, it can be downloaded and added to a C# project as a reference. The methods and functions in the library can then be used in the code.

4. What types of math operations can be performed with a C# math library?

A C# math library can perform a wide range of mathematical operations, including basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division), trigonometry, logarithms, and more. Some libraries may also include more advanced functions, such as statistical analysis or matrix operations.

5. Are there any free C# math libraries available?

Yes, there are many free and open-source C# math libraries available for use. Some popular examples include Math.NET Numerics, Extreme Optimization, and Accord.NET. These libraries are constantly being updated and improved by the community, and can be easily incorporated into C# projects.