Where can I find a piezo stack for a reasonable price?

• Thread starter lucy_b14
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Piezo
In summary, a piezo stack is a type of electrical component that can be used to generate power. Piezo film sheets are a type of piezo stack, and can be used to generate power.
lucy_b14
Hi

I'm planning an experiment in which I will try to generate power from a force applied to some piezo electric material (in fact it will be an impact with the ground).

I think I need to find a piezo stack, but where can I buy such a thing for a reasonable price? Does anyone have any ideas? (I'm not adverse to taking something apart to get hold of the stack)

I've heard of piezo buzzers and loudspeakers, but do these use stacks?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
berkeman said:
Ack, there's a company that used to make piezo film sheets in all kinds of sizes...their name escapes me at the moment. In the mean time...

I'll come back and post if I can remember the name of that company...

Hah! I remembered. Mind like a steel trap! :rolleyes:

Kynar Piezo Film. Marketed by Pennwalt Corporation at some point. A quick web search doesn't turn up much, so they might not be in business anymore.

FAQ: Where can I find a piezo stack for a reasonable price?

1. Where can I purchase a piezo stack?

Piezo stacks can be purchased from various suppliers such as electronics stores, scientific equipment suppliers, and online marketplaces like Amazon or eBay.

2. Are piezo stacks available in different sizes?

Yes, piezo stacks come in a variety of sizes and shapes to fit different applications. Some suppliers may also offer customization options.

3. How much do piezo stacks typically cost?

The cost of a piezo stack can vary depending on the size, type, and supplier. On average, they can range from $20 to $200.

4. Can I use any type of piezo stack for my specific experiment?

No, it is important to choose the right type of piezo stack for your experiment. There are different types such as bimorph, unimorph, and multilayer piezo stacks, each with their own unique properties and applications.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when handling a piezo stack?

Yes, it is important to follow safety guidelines when handling piezo stacks as they can generate high voltages. It is recommended to use proper insulation and follow instructions provided by the supplier.

Back