Where Can I Find a Reliable Source for Electron Energy Values?

In summary, a reference website includes various sources such as books, journals, articles, and websites that can provide information on a specific topic. To determine its reliability, one should consider the author or publisher, date of publication, and supporting evidence. Information from a reference website can be used in research or academic work, but proper citation is necessary to avoid plagiarism. The frequency of updates for reference websites varies, and there are many free options available, but it is important to evaluate their credibility.
kel
Hi

I'm in the middle of writing up the Frank-Hertz experiment as part of my lab module this year, but I'm having trouble finding a 'reliable' website that I can use to quote the electron energy value (ie 4.9eV).

I'm afraid my lecturer refuses to acknowledge wikipedia as a good source.

So, even though I have the value that I need, could anyone suggest a website that I can use as a source for this info - and therefore for future work.

Cheers
Kel

Physics news on Phys.org

Hi Kel,

I understand your struggle in finding a reliable website for your lab report. As your lecturer does not consider Wikipedia as a good source, I suggest you try using a website like National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) or HyperPhysics by Georgia State University. These websites are reputable and commonly used as references for scientific information. You can also try searching for journal articles on the Frank-Hertz experiment through databases like JSTOR or Google Scholar. These sources will provide you with accurate and credible information that you can use in your report. Good luck with your lab module!

Related to Where Can I Find a Reliable Source for Electron Energy Values?

1. What types of sources can I find on a reference website?

A reference website typically includes a wide range of sources, such as books, journals, articles, websites, and other materials that can provide information on a specific topic or subject.

2. How do I know if a reference website is reliable?

To determine the reliability of a reference website, you should consider the author or publisher of the content, the date of publication, and whether the information is supported by evidence or sources. Additionally, you can look for websites that are affiliated with reputable organizations or institutions.

3. Can I use information from a reference website in my research or academic work?

Yes, you can use information from a reference website in your research or academic work, but you must properly cite and reference the source according to the appropriate citation style (e.g. APA, MLA, Chicago). Plagiarism is a serious offense and can result in consequences, so it is important to give credit to the original source.

4. How often are reference websites updated?

The frequency of updates for reference websites varies depending on the website and its purpose. Some websites may be updated daily, while others may only be updated a few times a year. It is important to check the date of publication or last update on the website to ensure the information is current and relevant.

5. Are there any free reference websites available?

Yes, there are many free reference websites available online. Some examples include Google Scholar, WorldCat, and the Directory of Open Access Journals. However, it is important to carefully evaluate the sources and information on these websites to ensure their reliability and credibility.

Back