Where Can I Find Advanced Electronics Practice Problems?

• Thread starter ZetaOfThree
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Electronics
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for resources to practice challenging electronics problems for an upcoming test. The suggestion of using Schaum's electric circuits series is mentioned, but the problems may not be challenging enough. The conversation also mentions the usefulness of reference manuals such as Handbook of Electronics Tables and Formulas and Electrical and Electronics Reference Manual, but they are not allowed in exams. The search for other recommendations continues.
ZetaOfThree
Gold Member
I am taking an introductory course on electronics and I have a test coming up next week. My professor likes to give very challenging and long problems on tests. Are there any resources that have particularly challenging electronics problems to practice with?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
There is a Schaum's electric circuits series that I used, back in the 90s... I haven't it at hand (I think I left it at my parents) but I remember I found it practical and really useful... Just guessing, there must be a newer edition of that book.

In addition to this, I highly recommend to have at sight manuals for references such as:

Handbook of Electronics Tables and Formulas, Howard Sams
Electrical and Electronics Reference Manual, John Camara

These handbooks can help you to save time in order to resolved problems faster.

It is a fact that all circuit professors enjoy by giving long circuit problems during the tests: I remember that on circuits 2, my professor gave us problems and then he said: "go home, resolve it and we'll see on next week". "On next week" after reading your work for a few minutes, he used to say: " why you try doing this, that, etc... go home and see me on next week"

The point is there are a lot of ways to solve a circuit problem... maybe that man enjoyed by seeing us suffering.

Good luck

Likes ZetaOfThree
SuperDaniel said:
There is a Schaum's electric circuits series that I used, back in the 90s...
Thanks for the recommendations. I've looked into the Schaum's books. They are helpful but the problems are not very challenging, particularly in the Digital Principles version.

SuperDaniel said:
In addition to this, I highly recommend to have at sight manuals for references such as:

Handbook of Electronics Tables and Formulas, Howard Sams
Electrical and Electronics Reference Manual, John Camara
Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to bring books into our exams...

Any other recommendations are gladly welcome!

FAQ: Where Can I Find Advanced Electronics Practice Problems?

What are challenging electronics problems?

Challenging electronics problems refer to complex and difficult issues related to electronic devices, systems, and components. These problems often require advanced knowledge and skills in electronics to solve.

What are some common examples of challenging electronics problems?

Examples of challenging electronics problems include circuit design and analysis, troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning devices, optimizing power consumption, and developing innovative solutions for emerging technologies.

How can I improve my skills in solving challenging electronics problems?

Improving your skills in solving challenging electronics problems requires continuous learning and practice. You can enroll in courses or training programs, participate in hands-on projects, and collaborate with other experts in the field.

What are some effective strategies for solving challenging electronics problems?

Some effective strategies for solving challenging electronics problems include breaking down the problem into smaller parts, using systematic troubleshooting techniques, conducting thorough research and analysis, and seeking help from others when needed.

Why are challenging electronics problems important to the field of science and technology?

Challenging electronics problems push the boundaries of scientific knowledge and drive technological advancements. Solving these problems leads to new discoveries, innovations, and improvements in various industries, such as healthcare, communication, transportation, and more.