Where Can I Find Affordable Math Books for My College Refresher Course?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a cost-effective option for buying textbooks for college. The person is considering an online bookstore that specializes in college books and offers discount codes. Half.com is suggested as a good option, and the idea of purchasing international books is also mentioned, though it is noted that this may be illegal. The options of Amazon and Abebooks, which offer both U.S. and international editions, are also mentioned as having good prices.
nanoWatt
I'm going to be going back to school as a refresher. I'd like to know people's recommendations for an online bookstore. The local bookstores tend to gouge you. I don't yet know what Calculus book I will need, but I was thinking an online one that deals in large volume would be better for pricing. I could check Amazon, but I was wondering if other online places that specialize in college books might be better.

And ones that have discount codes would be even better.

Physics news on Phys.org
Half.com has some good deals, I shop there quite often for my books.

If you want cheap books, you can purchase international books, but you'll be breaking the law because they are not for resale in the US. Many students do this, anyway.

Amazon & Abebooks (U.S. & int'l editions)

Related to Where Can I Find Affordable Math Books for My College Refresher Course?

1. Where can I find a wide selection of math books?

You can find a wide selection of math books at your local bookstore, online retailers such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble, or specialized math bookstores.

2. Are there any affordable options for purchasing math books?

Yes, there are several affordable options for purchasing math books. You can look for used books at your local bookstore or online, rent books from online retailers or your school's library, or purchase e-books which are often cheaper than physical copies.

3. Can I buy math books directly from the publisher?

Yes, many publishers have their own online stores where you can purchase math books directly. You can also visit their website to find a list of retailers that sell their books.

4. Are there any online platforms specifically for buying and selling math books?

Yes, there are online platforms such as Chegg, TextbookRush, and BookFinder that specialize in buying and selling textbooks, including math books. These platforms often offer competitive prices and have a wide selection of books.

5. How can I make sure I am buying the correct edition of a math book?

To ensure you are buying the correct edition of a math book, check the ISBN number on the book and make sure it matches the ISBN number listed on the retailer's website. You can also compare the cover and publisher information to verify that it is the correct edition.