Where Can I Find C++ Mathematical #Includes for Common Functions?

In summary, The conversation discusses the differences between using C++ and MATLAB, specifically in terms of using include files. The speaker is looking for a way to download mathematical #includes for C++ that already have functions like matrix inverses and trigonometric functions defined. The options mentioned include numerical libraries such as scipy and numpy, as well as specific C++ libraries like Boost and Dlib. It is also noted that trigonometric functions are included in the standard C99 libraries.
davidbenari
I've just begun learning c++ and what is very different from MATLAB (e.g.) is that one has to use include files.

I was wondering if there's somewhere I can download mathematical #includes which already has stuff like matrix inverses, trigonometric functions, etc, defined.

I think numerical recipes has something like that, but you have to pay.

In python one usually uses scipy, numpy and similar stuff. But what do people that use c++ do?

Technology news on Phys.org
Trig functions are included in the standard C99 libraries:

Code:
#include <cmath>
#include <cstdio>

int main(int, char**){
     printf("Sin of pi: %f", sin(3.14));
     return 0;
}

Likes davidbenari

FAQ: Where Can I Find C++ Mathematical #Includes for Common Functions?

1. What is the purpose of #include in C++?

The #include directive in C++ is used to include a header file in a program. Header files contain function declarations and macro definitions that are used in a program. This allows for code reuse and simplifies the coding process.

2. How do #include's work in C++?

When the #include directive is encountered in a C++ program, the compiler replaces it with the contents of the specified header file. This allows the definitions and declarations in the header file to be used in the program.

3. Can I include multiple header files in one #include statement?

Yes, it is possible to include multiple header files in one #include statement by separating them with a comma. For example: #include "math.h, statistics.h". This can be useful for organizing and simplifying the code.

4. What is the difference between #include < > and #include " " in C++?

The #include < > syntax is used for standard library header files, while the #include " " syntax is used for user-defined header files. The compiler will search for standard library headers in the system directories, while user-defined headers must be located in the same directory as the source file or specified with a path.

5. How do I prevent duplicate #include's in my C++ program?

To prevent duplicate #include's, it is common practice to use include guards in header files. These are preprocessor directives that ensure the contents of a header file are only included once in a program. Alternatively, you can use the #pragma once directive, which is supported by most compilers.

Back