Where Can I Find Challenging Classical Physics Problems Online?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the search for websites that contain challenging problems related to classical physics. The person asking the question prefers problems that require deep thinking and cover a broad range of physics. Suggestions are given to check out math and physics learning resources, as well as the homework section of the website being used for reference. However, the person asking the question still expresses a preference for websites dedicated solely to challenging classical physics problems.
The_Doctor
Hey, I don't really know where to post this, so I'll just post it here. Does anyone know some websites, which contain a list of problems to do with classical physics? Something like http://projecteuler.net" . I want these sorts of problems, except for classical physics.

I don't really want just simple exercises. I would prefer if the difficulty of the problems would force me to think deeply and cover a broad range of physics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you looked at the maths and physics learning resources?
I can't think of any site, I tend to use the problems that are posted on this site (homework section?) and then check my answers against the other users.

Yeh, I did have a quick look. Most were lectures, videos or courses. I don't really want that. I'll look in the homework section, see if their are problems there, though I'd prefer not to do this.

FAQ: Where Can I Find Challenging Classical Physics Problems Online?

1. What is the purpose of a website full of physics problems?

The purpose of a website full of physics problems is to provide a platform for students and physics enthusiasts to practice and improve their understanding of various physics concepts. It also serves as a resource for teachers to assign additional practice problems to their students.

2. Are the problems on the website suitable for all levels of physics students?

Yes, the website contains a variety of problems that cater to different levels of physics understanding. There are basic problems for beginners and more advanced problems for students looking to challenge themselves.

3. How are the physics problems on the website organized?

The physics problems on the website are organized by topic and level of difficulty. This makes it easier for users to navigate and find the specific type of problem they are looking for.

4. Can I check my answers to the physics problems on the website?

Yes, the website usually provides solutions or step-by-step explanations to the problems for users to check their answers and understand the correct solution. Some problems may also have a discussion forum for users to compare their answers and discuss different approaches to solving the problem.

5. Is there a fee for accessing the physics problems on the website?

It depends on the website. Some websites may require a subscription or payment to access all of their physics problems, while others may offer a selection of problems for free. It is important to check the website's terms and conditions before accessing the problems.

Back