Where can I find out about open reu positions?

• Thread starter CPL.Luke
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reu
In summary, the conversation discusses finding information about REUs (Research Experiences for Undergraduates) in the field of physics. It is suggested to search on departmental websites and contact professors directly for more information. The National Science Foundation website is also mentioned as a helpful resource, although it may be outdated. Overall, the conversation emphasizes the importance of researching and reaching out to specific departments and professors for accurate and up-to-date information on REUs.
CPL.Luke
where can
i, any help would be apreciated

Physics news on Phys.org
google them? try REU 2008

I then get large numbers of matches, without a way to really sort through it. is there any website that has a listing of REU's?

CPL.Luke said:
I then get large numbers of matches, without a way to really sort through it. is there any website that has a listing of REU's?

So add more keywords, like "physics."

They're pretty much all listed by whoever is running it. You may find some listings on departmental sites et cetera, but there's no Central REU Authority or something.

Hmm that site's helpful as a guideline, unfortunately it seems incomplete and out of date (2004?)

I would think that the best strategy would be to go to the websites of departments that you like and see if they have REUs, a lot do. Then you can e-mail the profs you like about it. I think almost all departments can technically take on REU students since they get National Science Foundation funding.

FAQ: Where can I find out about open reu positions?

1. What is an REU position?

An REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) position is a funded research opportunity for undergraduate students to participate in research projects at universities or research institutions.

2. How can I find out about open REU positions?

You can find out about open REU positions by searching for them on university or research institution websites, attending career fairs or research conferences, and networking with professors and researchers in your field of interest.

3. Are there any specific eligibility requirements for REU positions?

Eligibility requirements for REU positions may vary depending on the specific program or institution. However, most programs require applicants to be undergraduate students, have a strong academic record, and be interested in pursuing a career in research.

4. When is the best time to apply for REU positions?

The application timeline for REU positions may vary, but it is generally recommended to start searching and applying for positions at least 6-12 months in advance. Some programs may have specific deadlines, so it is important to check the application requirements and timeline for each program you are interested in.

5. Are REU positions paid?

Yes, most REU positions are paid and may include a stipend, housing, and travel expenses. However, the amount of compensation may vary depending on the program and institution. It is important to carefully research the compensation package for each REU position you are considering.