Where is a good place to go to get input on theories?

In summary, the speaker is self-educated and has created the Grand Unified Field Theory, which they have explained in a paper under 500 words. They have made the paper public and are looking to share it with other scientists. However, they are unsure of where to discuss it since the rules on forums prohibit sharing unpublished papers. They suggest that fringe science forums may be the best place for their theories but mention a shortage of scientists on these forums. Another person offers to review their paper and suggests a philosophy forum as a potential discussion platform.
Jopono
I am self educated. I have created the Grand Unified Field Theory. I wrote a paper explaining the Theory in under 500 words. I have made that paper public. I would like to share it with other scientists. The rules on these forums clearly state not to use this place to share unpublished papers not already published for peer review. Where can I discuss my paper with other professionals. While fringe science forums are in hot demand, the scientists seem to be in short supply.

Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU

Best of luck friend.

I'll tell you if you make me co-author.

I'm thinking the fringe science forums are the ideal place for your theories...

Perhaps you could review my paper before you make assertions. Allow me to link it to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jopono said:
Perhaps you could review my paper before you make assertions. Allow me to link it to you.

I think this would be best suited on a philosophy forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Where is a good place to go to get input on theories?

1. Where can I find a community of experts to discuss my theories with?

One of the best places to find a community of experts is on online forums and discussion groups dedicated to your specific field of study. These forums allow for open and constructive discussions about theories and provide a platform for feedback and input from other knowledgeable individuals.

2. Are there any conferences or workshops that are suitable for discussing theories?

Yes, there are many conferences and workshops that are specifically designed for researchers and scientists to present their theories and receive feedback from other experts in their field. These events also provide opportunities for networking and collaboration with like-minded individuals.

3. Can I get input on my theories from non-scientists?

While it is always beneficial to discuss your theories with other experts in your field, getting input from non-scientists can also be valuable. They may offer a different perspective and ask questions that you may not have considered. You can reach out to non-scientists through online platforms, social media, or by participating in public lectures or events.

4. Is it important to get input on my theories from multiple sources?

Yes, it is crucial to seek input from multiple sources when developing and refining your theories. This allows for a diverse range of perspectives and helps to identify any potential flaws or gaps in your theories. It also strengthens the validity and reliability of your research.

5. How can I ensure that the input I receive on my theories is constructive?

To ensure constructive input, it is essential to communicate clearly and openly with those providing feedback. Clearly state your research goals and questions, and be open to listening to and considering different viewpoints. It is also helpful to have a clear and organized presentation of your theories to facilitate discussions.