Where Should I Ask About Running a Thermal Conductivity Test for Soils?

• Thread starter Apexwolf
  • Start date
Apexwolf
Good day, Not sure sure why I didn't think of this sooner but I only just found this site for science forum questions and the like. There are forums of everything else that I have gone to; video games, coding, cooking, why not science to this degree.

Anyway, I digress. I am new to geological science and work for a small geotechnical firm. I am the only lab tech the place has and have basically only been doing soil compaction, and expansion test for 2 years. I had a mentor type figure that knew a lot and worked for the company as well but he recently passed. Now I am trying to learn some new tests without his aid and reading ASTM procedures can be somewhat, lets say difficult to understand fully.

I need to figure out how to properly run a thermal conductivity test for soils but ASTM D 5334 is kind of vague on a few steps. What section should I pose my question in as I am not entirely sure what science it would fall under given the categories I have seen for the site?

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum

I guess "thermal conductivity test for soils" would go in the Earth Sciences forum, but also possibly the other physics topics and possibly electrical engineering.

You can always just post in one of those and include a note that if it's in the wrong place for one of the moderators to move it.

Sounds good. Thank you.