Where Should I Section for Drawing Shear and Moment Diagrams in 2D?

• Thread starter kasse
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Section
In summary, mechanics is a branch of physics that studies motion and forces on objects. It has four main sections: kinematics, dynamics, statics, and fluid mechanics. Kinematics looks at motion without considering its causes, while dynamics focuses on the forces that cause motion. Mechanics has various applications in fields such as engineering, physics, and biomechanics. To improve understanding, one can practice solving problems and conducting experiments, as well as seeking help from teachers or online resources.
kasse
I'm about to draw shear and moment diagram in 2D, and I wonder if there are any general rules as where to section for instance this ski?

http://www.badongo.com/pic/504635

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by "as where to section"?

Where to make the sections.

I guess it depends on you want, but in this case there will be 4 moment equations (sections).

FAQ: Where Should I Section for Drawing Shear and Moment Diagrams in 2D?

What is mechanics?

Mechanics is a branch of physics that deals with the study of motion and forces on objects.

What are the different sections of mechanics?

The main sections of mechanics are kinematics, dynamics, statics, and fluid mechanics.

What is the difference between kinematics and dynamics?

Kinematics focuses on the study of motion without considering the causes of motion, while dynamics deals with the forces that cause motion.

Where can I apply the principles of mechanics?

Mechanics is applicable in many fields such as engineering, physics, and biomechanics. It is used to design and analyze structures, machines, and other systems.

How can I improve my understanding of mechanics?

To improve your understanding of mechanics, it is important to practice solving problems and doing experiments to apply the principles you have learned. You can also seek help from teachers, tutors, or online resources for additional learning materials.