Which Browser Suits You Best?

• Thread starter Saitama
  • Start date
In summary: I still used Netscape 7.0 (from about 2003) occasionally, till my PC hard disk died a few weeks ago and it went to the great recycling bin in the sky.Netscape 7.0 is no longer supported, but Firefox 3.6 is.Microsoft have managed to put most of the same functionality in IE 8, except N7 ran quicker and looked pretter.IE 8 has a lot of the same features as IE 7, but it runs faster.Mozilla is winningMozilla Firefox is the best browser because it is free, has a lot of features, and is open source.

Which browser you use?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Google chrome

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • Opera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netscape Navigator

• Safari

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mozilla SeaMonkey

• Camino

• OmniWeb

• iCab

• Konqueror

• Epiphany

• Total voters
In my short-lived experience with Chrome, it didn't mesh well with Blackboard (which our university subscribes to for posting coursework). We recently had a Blackboard update, and I haven't checked into updating either Chrome or Firefox (admittedly)... so I'm not so sure about that situation now... but why mess with a good thing? Firefox (4.0.1) is still working for me (http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2010/12/03/meet-the-newest-and-cutest-mozillians/" , so that's a plus...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't vote, I'm afraid (my iPod doesn't support polls) but Chrome all the way. Firefox takes too much memory and IE... Blegh.

I give this so little thought. I just realized that I use IE on my laptop and Firefox on the library computers. Until now I had no idea was using two different programs. For the light browsing that I do, there isn't enough difference for me to have noticed it. Can I vote for both of them?

Jimmy Snyder said:
I give this so little thought. I just realized that I use IE on my laptop and Firefox on the library computers. Until now I had no idea was using two different programs. For the light browsing that I do, there isn't enough difference for me to have noticed it. Can I vote for both of them?

Sorry, you can't because i didn't applied the setting of Multiple answers for the poll.

Haven't found anything Chrome can't do, and I do quite a lot online.

Chrome may eventually take me away from IE (which I've used since IE4). I couldn't get past the lack of integration that Firefox had with Windows, so I never jumped on that fad (Chrome is slowly adding integration features which are interesting me). The only performance increase I've seen on Firefox is when people have dozens of toolbars loaded in IE. Without any addons, the differences are unnoticable.

Also, IE is required for several different web-apps that I frequent for school and work. Once Chrome is fully supported, there's a chance I'll start to float over because it definitely feels smoother than IE on a fully supported site.