Which Engineering Field Should I Choose?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the different types of engineering and the speakers' personal opinions and experiences with each. They discussed Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, and Civil Engineering, each with their own unique aspects and potential job opportunities. Some speakers seemed to have a strong passion for their chosen field, while others cautioned about the difficulty and dedication required for engineering. Ultimately, the decision to pursue engineering should not be solely based on job prospects, but on personal interest and passion.
Lisa! said:
Your situation is better than physicists anyway!

Mines not. Engineering Physics here: Best of both worlds. :eek:

Do not choose EP. Choose sanity.

Starting of second year EP enrolment: 75 students. Two weeks in: 33 students. You get the picture. Its kind of like the marines of engineering.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I am an EE major. I am basically miserable 50% of the time. It sucks.

Lisa! said:
Your situation is better than physicists anyway!
Warr said:
Mines not. Engineering Physics here: Best of both worlds. :eek:

Do not choose EP. Choose sanity.

Starting of second year EP enrolment: 75 students. Two weeks in: 33 students. You get the picture. Its kind of like the marines of engineering.

All I know is that as a EE major, I'm breezing past all of my Engineering Physics and "regular" Physics classmates in QM. :)