Which one should I learn first.

• Thread starter PhysicsBegner
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation covers topics such as which programming language to learn first, whether to start with a high-level or low-level language, the importance of learning multiple languages, the time it takes to learn a programming language, and the possibility of learning on one's own. It is emphasized that the best language to start with depends on personal goals and interests, and that it is important to be patient and consistent in learning. While it is possible to learn on one's own, having a mentor or joining a coding community can be helpful.
PhysicsBegner
Hi All, I'm a beginer in computer science. Can I start learning theory of computation without a deep knowledge in algorithms or should I learn Algorithms conecpts first and theory of computation? Please guide me.

Technology news on Phys.org
Depends on how you learn. I prefer to know HOW to do something before I figure out WHY. So I would learn some programming and algorithms before hacking theory...which to my mind is kinda useless anyway...

Thank you, I will start with algorithms first.

Related to Which one should I learn first.

1. Which programming language should I learn first?

The answer to this question depends on your specific goals and interests. If you are interested in web development, HTML and CSS would be a good place to start. For general programming, Python or Java are often recommended for beginners.

2. Should I learn a high-level or low-level language first?

Again, this depends on your goals and interests. High-level languages like Python are generally easier to learn and use, while low-level languages like C++ may be more challenging but can provide a deeper understanding of programming fundamentals.

3. Is it important to learn multiple languages at once?

It is not necessary to learn multiple languages at once, especially as a beginner. It is better to focus on learning one language thoroughly before moving on to another. However, if you have a specific goal in mind that requires multiple languages, it may be beneficial to learn them simultaneously.

4. How long does it take to learn a programming language?

The time it takes to learn a programming language varies depending on the individual's dedication, learning style, and prior knowledge. Some people may be able to pick up a language in a few months, while others may take longer. It is important to be patient and consistent with your learning.

5. Can I learn a programming language on my own?

Yes, it is possible to learn a programming language on your own through online resources, books, and practice. However, it may be helpful to have a mentor or join a coding community for support and guidance. It is also important to continuously practice and apply what you have learned to fully understand the language.