Which Photo Best Captures the Essence of the Beach?

In summary: Old starfish with his stomach protruding onto some unsuspecting barnacles for lunch.In summary, the photos in this contest are beautiful but the field is really tough.

Vote (multi-choice)

• Hypatia

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • JasonRox

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Mororvia

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Integral

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Binzing

• Marzena

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • GeorginaS

• ZapperZ

• Andre

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Brewnog

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Borek

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Sharmana

• S Happens

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
matthyaouw
Gold Member
1.Hypatia
100_0271.jpg

2.JasonRox
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1456/img0460.jpg

3.Mororvia
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2161/res01644.jpg

4.Integral
DSC_0175a.jpg

5.Binzing
P7273057.jpg

6.Marzena
marzena_beach.jpg

7.GeorginaS
palappas.jpg

8.ZapperZ
img1343.jpg

9.Andre
30s9c2f.jpg

10.Brewnog
DSC00133.jpg

11.Borek
marcin_beach.jpg

12.Shramana
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2444/abudhabi063.jpg

13.S Happens
http://72.167.14.32/~Tom/beach.JPG

Contest Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Really tough field. Great eye candy, though.

Hey Borek, could I get a higher-res version of your photo? I'd like to use it as my desktop wallpaper.

Hypatia's photo got my vote. Its simple but its really...nice. Its very soft, I almost feel like I'm there.

Also Brewnog and Borek's.

maze said:
Hey Borek, could I get a higher-res version of your photo? I'd like to use it as my desktop wallpaper.

I have 1024*768 version that was used for eons as a wallpaper, if that suits you, you are welcome,. Higher resolutions unavilable at the moment, all I have is a lousy 4"x6" print and I don't have scanner now. You know, this is a predigital picture.

This picture (in 16"x12" prints) hangs on several walls in Warsaw :smile:

My votes go to:
Hypatia- Great sense of peace and tranquility. I like how the path leads your eye in.
Integral- Stunning view. I like those two people wandering in the distance. They help give an idea of how vast that space is.
Borek- Love that crystal clear water and those deep blues.

Damn I want to go to the beach now...

Love that beach Integral ! I'm with you with that thought matthyaouw, I want to go to the beach now too.

Glad you like that shot. Believe it or not that was taken from the ground floor of a hotel. The beach literally comes up to the window. Oregon has miles of beaches like that, each bracketed by headlands similar to this pic. If the water temp ever got above 60F I am sure these beaches would be crowded.

Integral said:
If the water temp ever got above 60F I am sure these beaches would be crowded.

But alas the OC is really really cold. Still fun to go swimming, once you become numb.

Get your votes in people!

This contest depresses me.

Here's one of the residents of Longbeach on Vancouver Island.
I've got shots of us skimboarding and surfing in the big waves and stuff, but everyone else did that so here's old starfish with his stomach protruding onto some unsuspecting barnacles for lunch. This is a nude beach for sea stars only... you can see that "lumpy" here has no suit on.

Attachments

• longbeach.jpg
    longbeach.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 409

Related to Which Photo Best Captures the Essence of the Beach?

1. What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Beaches" competition?

The purpose of the competition is to showcase the beauty of beaches and encourage people to appreciate and protect these natural environments through photography.

2. Who can participate in the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Beaches" competition?

The competition is open to all individuals with a passion for photography and an interest in beaches. There are no age or location restrictions for participation.

3. How can I submit my entry for the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Beaches" competition?

You can submit your entry by following the guidelines and instructions on the official competition website. Typically, you will need to upload your photo to a designated platform and provide your name, contact information, and a brief description of your photo.

4. Will there be any prizes for the winners of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Beaches" competition?

Yes, there will be prizes for the top entries in the competition. These prizes may include cash, camera equipment, or other photography-related prizes.

5. How will the winners be selected in the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Beaches" competition?

The winners will be selected by a panel of judges who will evaluate the entries based on criteria such as creativity, composition, and adherence to the theme. The public may also have the opportunity to vote for their favorite entries through online platforms.