Which Programming Language Will Boost My Marketability?

In summary, the individual is seeking advice on which programming language to focus on in order to increase their marketability as an employee. They have experience with Matlab, Mathematica, LabVIEW, web development, Java, Python, and C++, but none of these seem to be in high demand. They are currently pursuing a master's degree in physics and are aware that being a good researcher and mathematician is not enough in the industry. They are seeking help on being smart about their future.
KleZMeR
Hi All,

I am probably opening a can of worms here, but I am interested in everyone's thoughts on this. Forgive the simplified question, but I think you all will know what I am asking.

What programming language should I really get involved into increase my marketability as an employee?

I have worked with Matlab and Mathematica. I have used LabVIEW in industry and am well seasoned in that. I am also a seasoned web developer... but none of these are really programming languages, and they do not seem to be as desired as real programming languages. I have worked in JAVA, Python, and C++, but I am by no means an expert at any of them. I am getting my master's degree in physics right now, and I know that being a good researcher and mathematician is not good enough these days in industry. There is a lot more anecdotal stuff that would possibly modify my question, but really I just want to be smart about my future. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks everyone.

Technology news on Phys.org
This topic has been addressed here about 4,000 times so I'd suggest a forum search instead of our all having to just type it all in all over again. The bottom line is that if you talk to 8 different people about it, you'll get 9 different opinions. ;)

Thanks, I did not know there was a computer science forum, I only use math and physics help here because that's what I work on. I should have searched.

Related to Which Programming Language Will Boost My Marketability?

1. What are programming languages of value?

Programming languages of value are languages that are in high demand and have a significant impact in the technology industry. These languages are typically used to develop complex and valuable software, applications, and systems.

2. What are some examples of programming languages of value?

Some examples of programming languages of value include Java, Python, C++, JavaScript, and Ruby. These languages are widely used in various industries such as web development, data science, and artificial intelligence.

3. How can learning a programming language of value benefit me?

Learning a programming language of value can benefit you in many ways. It can increase your job opportunities and earning potential as these languages are in high demand. It can also enhance your problem-solving and critical thinking skills, and allow you to work on exciting and innovative projects.

4. Is it necessary to learn multiple programming languages of value?

While it is not necessary to learn multiple programming languages of value, it can be beneficial. Learning multiple languages can give you a well-rounded skill set and allow you to work on a wider range of projects. However, it is also important to focus on mastering one language before moving on to others.

5. How can I determine which programming language of value is right for me?

To determine which programming language of value is right for you, consider your interests and career goals. Research the industries and job roles that use each language, and try out a few to see which one you enjoy and excel at the most. It is also helpful to seek advice from experienced programmers or take an introductory course to get a feel for a language.