Which sub-forum has reviews of philosophy books?

In summary, the best forum to ask experts about their views on a book on philosophy would be the Philosophy forum. To check if a book has already been discussed, one can do a Google search using the format "site:www.physicsforums.com name of book" to see if any relevant threads come up. Additionally, if unsure about which forum to post in, it is best to start a thread in the Philosophy forum.
where_the
I guess, there aren't book discussions of philosophy books in science book discussion forum .
So which is the apt forum where one can ask experts about their views on a book on philosophy?

Also another point in general : how to know whether a thread exists for a book discussion , is there a way other than search function. i.e can one open a thread just as a query whether a particular book has been discussed or not?

note - please move the thread to apt forum in case it doesn't fit in general discussion.Newbie here so not sure if this should come in which forum . :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
You can start a thread in Philosophy. It will be easier to do a google search

type - site: www.physicsforums.com name of book

in the search bar.

Related to Which sub-forum has reviews of philosophy books?

1. What is the purpose of having reviews of philosophy books in a specific sub-forum?

The purpose of having reviews of philosophy books in a specific sub-forum is to provide a designated space for members to share their thoughts and opinions on various philosophy books. This allows for a more organized and focused discussion on philosophical works, rather than having reviews scattered throughout different sub-forums.

2. How can I access the sub-forum with reviews of philosophy books?

To access the sub-forum with reviews of philosophy books, you can click on the "Forum" tab on the website and then navigate to the "Philosophy" category. From there, you can select the sub-forum specifically labeled for reviews of philosophy books.

3. Are there any guidelines for posting reviews in the philosophy book sub-forum?

Yes, there are guidelines for posting reviews in the philosophy book sub-forum. These guidelines may vary depending on the specific forum, but in general, it is expected that reviews are well-written, respectful, and relevant to the book being reviewed. Personal attacks or irrelevant content may be removed by moderators.

4. Can I request reviews for specific philosophy books in this sub-forum?

Yes, you can request reviews for specific philosophy books in this sub-forum. Many members are happy to provide reviews upon request, as it allows for a more diverse range of book discussions. However, it is important to ensure that the book has not already been reviewed in the sub-forum before making a request.

5. How can I contribute to the reviews of philosophy books in this sub-forum?

There are several ways to contribute to the reviews of philosophy books in this sub-forum. You can write and post your own reviews of books you have read, participate in discussions on existing reviews, or provide feedback and suggestions for the sub-forum to improve the overall quality of reviews. You can also recommend new books for others to review or request reviews for books you are interested in.