Whiteboard feature in windows 8 internet explorer

• Thread starter Raghav Gupta
  • Start date
In summary, the Whiteboard feature in Windows 8 Internet Explorer is a built-in tool for drawing and writing on webpages using a mouse or touch screen. It can be accessed by clicking on the "Whiteboard" icon and allows for real-time collaboration and saving of drawings. However, it is only available on Internet Explorer 11 or later versions and not on other browsers. To collaborate with others, users can click on the "Share" icon and invite others to view and edit the whiteboard.
Raghav Gupta
Does whiteboard not works in internet explorer?
Only a white screen is coming with nothing in it.

Physics news on Phys.org
hmmm I'm quite sure it was working for me in IE Windows 8. It is working for me in Windows 10 IE 11. Make sure you have Flash installed.

Related to Whiteboard feature in windows 8 internet explorer

1. What is the Whiteboard feature in Windows 8 Internet Explorer?

The Whiteboard feature in Windows 8 Internet Explorer is a built-in tool that allows users to draw and write on webpages using their mouse or touch screen. It is designed for collaborative work and can be accessed by clicking on the "Whiteboard" icon in the top right corner of the browser.

2. How do I use the Whiteboard feature?

To use the Whiteboard feature, simply click on the "Whiteboard" icon in the top right corner of the browser. This will open a blank whiteboard on top of your current webpage. You can then use your mouse or touch screen to draw, write, or highlight on the whiteboard. You can also change the color and thickness of your pen by clicking on the "Pen" icon in the toolbar.

3. Can I save my Whiteboard drawings?

Yes, you can save your Whiteboard drawings by clicking on the "Save" icon in the toolbar. This will save your drawing as an image file, which you can then access and share as needed.

4. Is the Whiteboard feature available on all versions of Windows 8 Internet Explorer?

No, the Whiteboard feature is only available on Internet Explorer 11 or later versions on Windows 8. It is not available on older versions of Internet Explorer or on other browsers.

5. How can I collaborate with others using the Whiteboard feature?

The Whiteboard feature allows for real-time collaboration with others. Simply click on the "Share" icon in the toolbar and select the option to "Invite others to collaborate". You can then share a link with others, and they will be able to view and edit the whiteboard simultaneously.