Why Can't I Add Emoticons to My Posts Anymore?

• Thread starter Moses
  • Start date
In summary: For example, the "eek" smiley is ":eek:", but the "eek" in the list isn't the correct one to use, you need to use the ":eek:" on the keyboard. And the ":rofl:" is ":rofl:", but the one in the list is ":lol:". And the ":grumpy:" is ":grumpy:", but the one in the list is ":mad:". There are a few others, but those are the most common ones. In summary, the person is frustrated because they cannot put faces into their posts anymore and the only way to do it is to go to
Moses
And now I am totally pissed off!

YES!
Why i can't put faces anymore in the posts?!? Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! I goign crazy this day! and this is the only thing left to tease me at this hour at night!

Every time i want to but a face i go to the page top!

@$#%$^%^#$%??

Any explanation, help?

Physics news on Phys.org
...I really have no idea why you can't put smilies in the posts... do you mean text ones or graphical ones?

I'm not sure why it's not working on your computer. You could try manually typing in the "code" for them. It doesn't apply for all of them, but for most, they start and end with a colon (:) and in between you type the name of the smiley, such as eek (:eek:) or smile (:smile:) or grumpy (), or the two most frequently used; rofl (:smile:) and biggrin (:biggrin:). Once in a while, when I insert a smiley, the reply window scrolls up to the top for no apparent reason, but the smiley is always there and it's just a matter of scrolling back down to continue typing.

Mk said:
...I really have no idea why you can't put smilies in the posts... do you mean text ones or graphical ones?

I was meaning graphical ones.
And until now i could not do them, may be the typing which moonbear suggest is a choice, but still i am totally not used to it [i like inserting them by clicking on them from the list on the right] it was not happenign at all to me, now it is happening always urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

I will typing the smile face here (:smile)

and it does not work!
:(

get rid of the paranthesees (blah sp?)

:name:

replace name with smile, or biggrin, or any of the others :smile:

So you will have

colon nameofsmiley colon

make sure to have no spaces between the colon and the nameofsmiley

:nameofsmiley:

edit... I hope the latter is a bit more clear.

Last edited:
Moses said:
I was meaning graphical ones.
And until now i could not do them, may be the typing which moonbear suggest is a choice, but still i am totally not used to it [i like inserting them by clicking on them from the list on the right] it was not happenign at all to me, now it is happening always urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

I will typing the smile face here (:smile)

You need a colon at the end of the smiley too. : smile: but no spaces.

ok, i am illitrate with this issue, [yeah, every body born knowing nothing, then start learning, lol]

so i am trying now,
I am happy since i know how to put smilies, and i will kiss up to my PC to let me put them automatically again :smile:

i will see it after i will post.
1...2...3...po...s...

hahahahaha, and humans defeat the machines agains [yeah i am saying total nonsense, but i do feel like saying this now! yeeeeeeeeeeeeehow :biggrin: :laughing:

YAY! You have a smiley! :biggrin: I got used to typing them in by hand because I'm too lazy to click the "go advanced" button and then to mouse over to each one. :smile:

Noooooooooooooooo!
even they stop my luagh ,,,,,,eheheheheh :( :( :( :( :(

It isn't "laughing", it's "rofl" (for rolling on floor laughing). You'll soon get the knack for it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha! i see :smile:
I was thinking that the names to use are the same when you put the mouse on the top of a face from the list. and that yellow rectangular appears with a name for that face...cats should eat mice [or "mouses" :biggrin:]

Yeah Moonbear, thanks a lot for the help, and opology if somebody had a headache because of that,

and the last battle with the machines ENDED...PC terminated. Done !i!i

LOL! Yeah, for most of the smilies, the name that pops up is the name to use, but a few aren't named the same as what you need to type for them. And some don't work with the same rules.

FAQ: Why Can't I Add Emoticons to My Posts Anymore?

1. What causes someone to become totally pissed off?

There are many potential triggers for someone to become angry or upset, including feeling disrespected, frustrated, or threatened. Everyone responds differently to different situations, so the specific cause of anger can vary from person to person.

2. How can someone calm down when they are totally pissed off?

Taking deep breaths, removing themselves from the situation, and focusing on positive thoughts can all help someone calm down when they are feeling angry. It can also be helpful to communicate their feelings in a calm and assertive manner instead of lashing out in anger.

3. Is it healthy to feel totally pissed off?

Feeling angry is a natural and normal emotion, and it is important to acknowledge and process these feelings. However, if someone is constantly feeling angry or their anger is negatively impacting their relationships or daily life, it may be a sign of underlying issues that should be addressed.

4. How can someone prevent themselves from becoming totally pissed off?

Practicing stress management techniques, such as exercise, meditation, or talking to a therapist, can help prevent someone from becoming overly angry. It is also important to recognize and address any underlying issues or triggers that may contribute to feelings of anger.

5. What are some healthy ways to express anger?

Healthy ways to express anger include communicating assertively, finding a physical outlet such as exercise, and engaging in relaxation techniques. It is important to avoid aggressive or violent behavior and instead channel anger into more productive and positive outlets.