Why Can't I Plot This Function in Mathematica 7?

In summary, the conversation is about using the Plot function in Mathematica 7 to plot a function with multiple variables. The user was only able to use Plot3D[] and was looking for a way to use Plot[] with no success. Another user suggested using ContourPlot[] instead, and the issue was resolved.
cuongktv
Hey every pro.
Please help me to check with Plot function in Mathematica 7 like this: 9x2+18xy+13y2-4
I only could Plot with "Plot3D[]", but could not get result with "Plot[]" only.
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Ok, I got it. Thank you so much!

Related to Why Can't I Plot This Function in Mathematica 7?

1. Why is my plot not showing up on the graph?

There could be several reasons for this. One possibility is that you have not specified the correct variables for your function. Another possibility is that you have not called the "plot" function after defining your function. Make sure you have all the necessary components in place for your plot to show up.

2. Why is my plot showing incorrect values or a blank graph?

This could happen if you have made a mistake in your function definition, such as using the wrong mathematical operator or forgetting to include necessary parentheses. Double check your function definition to make sure it is correct.

3. Why is my plot not matching the theoretical or expected plot?

There are a few possible reasons for this. One reason could be that your function is not accurately representing the theoretical model. Another possibility is that you have made an error in your data entry or graphing process. It is important to carefully check your function and data to ensure accuracy.

4. Why is my plot showing an error message?

Error messages can occur for a variety of reasons. It could be due to a mistake in your function definition, an issue with your data, or an error in your code. Read the error message carefully to determine the source of the problem and make any necessary corrections.

5. How can I make my plot look more professional or visually appealing?

There are a few ways to improve the appearance of your plot. You can adjust the colors, labels, and font sizes to make the plot more visually appealing. Additionally, you can add a title and a legend to make the plot easier to interpret. There are also various libraries and tools available that can help you create professional-looking plots.