Why Can't I Use Time Dilation to Calculate Relative Time for the Ball?

• Thread starter tanzl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Java
In summary, the conversation discusses different methods for calculating the relative time taken for a ball to travel, including using velocity transformation and time dilation. It also mentions the use of gamma factors as a time-saving technique.
Physics news on Phys.org
I agree with a, b, and c1.

I'm not sure about c2, it might be correct. I would have used the relativistic velocity-addition formulas.

When I used to work out these kinds of problems, I would write down values of any gamma factors I calculate along the way. That saves time, not having to recalculate it when they often get used repeatedly. It's also an intermediate check, when I'd end up with a wrong answer and am tracking down where the mistake was.

Yea. Velocity transformation is another way of doing it. But the answer is different. Why I can't use time dilation to calculate the relative time taken for the ball to travel in this case?

FAQ: Why Can't I Use Time Dilation to Calculate Relative Time for the Ball?

What is Java?

Java is a high-level programming language that is used to develop a variety of applications, from websites to mobile apps. It was first released in 1995 and is known for its versatility, portability, and security.

Why should I learn Java?

Java is one of the most popular programming languages in the world, used by millions of developers. It is also widely used in various industries, making it a valuable skill to have. Learning Java can also open up opportunities for career advancement and higher salaries.

Is Java difficult to learn?

Like any programming language, Java has its own learning curve. However, it is generally considered to be beginner-friendly and easy to learn. With dedication and practice, anyone can become proficient in Java.

What resources are available for learning Java?

There are plenty of resources available for learning Java, including online tutorials, books, and courses. Some popular resources include Codecademy, Udemy, and Oracle's official Java tutorials.

Can I use Java for web development?

Yes, Java can be used for web development. It has a popular web framework called Spring, which is used to build robust and scalable web applications. Java is also used for server-side scripting, making it a versatile language for web development.

Back