Why do my sprites turn into black squares after I show an AdMob video?

• Thread starter Darkmisc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue where after playing a rewarded video in a game made with Godot and using AdMob ads, all sprites turn into black squares. The suggestions from ChatGPT to fix this issue include changing the graphics backend, rendering mode, and disabling VSync, as well as checking project settings. The conversation also suggests using Google to find a solution and considering potential side effects of using a plugin.
Darkmisc
TL;DR Summary
I've made a game in Godot that works fine. However, after I play an AdMob video, all the sprites become black squares.
Hi everyone

I've made a game in Godot and added AdMob ads to it using the Shin-Nil plugins.

The game works fine when I run banner ads. However, after I play a rewarded video, all my sprites turn into black squares.

I've tried the following suggestions from ChatGPT and none of them work.

1. Change the graphics backend. Go to Project > Project Settings > Rendering > Quality > Driver and try changing the graphics backend to a different one, such as GLES3 or Vulkan.
  2. Change the rendering mode. Go to Project > Project Settings > Rendering > Quality > Rendering > Mode and try changing the rendering mode to a different one, such as Spatial or 2D.
  3. Disable VSync. Go to Project > Project Settings > Rendering > Quality > VSync and disable VSync.
  4. Check your project settings. Go to Project > Project Settings > Rendering > Quality > Texture > Flags and make sure that the Filter and Mipmaps options are enabled.

Does anyone know why the videos are causing my sprites to turn into black squares?Thanks

Technology news on Phys.org
I would search with google. It’s well known that ChatGPT solutions are totally believable but highly unreliable. When they fail then you must search to find your answer.

the only thing I can think of is something reinitialized your sprite data to be all zeros or something changed the sprite pointer to another area of memory. Since you mentioned using a plug-in you should look for what side effects others have experienced with it in the past.

Likes phinds and Darkmisc

Related to Why do my sprites turn into black squares after I show an AdMob video?

1. Why do my sprites turn into black squares after I show an AdMob video?

One possible reason for this issue is that the AdMob video player may be causing a conflict with the rendering of your sprites. When the video ad is shown, it may temporarily disrupt the rendering process, causing the sprites to appear as black squares.

2. How can I prevent my sprites from turning into black squares after showing an AdMob video?

To prevent this issue, you can try pausing the rendering of your sprites while the AdMob video is playing. This can help avoid conflicts between the video player and the rendering process, ensuring that your sprites remain visible and intact.

3. Are there any specific settings I should adjust to avoid sprites turning into black squares after showing an AdMob video?

You may want to check the rendering order and timing of your sprites and the AdMob video player. Adjusting these settings can help minimize conflicts and ensure that your sprites are not affected by the video ad.

4. Is there a known bug or issue with AdMob that causes sprites to turn into black squares?

While there have been reports of similar issues in the past, there is no known bug or specific issue with AdMob that directly causes sprites to turn into black squares. It is more likely a result of conflicts between the video player and the rendering process in your application.

5. Should I consider using a different ad network to avoid sprites turning into black squares?

Switching to a different ad network may not necessarily solve the issue of sprites turning into black squares after showing a video ad. It is more important to ensure that your rendering process is properly managed and that conflicts with the ad player are minimized to maintain the visibility of your sprites.