Why Do Pregnant Women Crave Pickles and Ice Cream at Midnight?

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary, the women in this conversation find various quirks in men amusing. The men find various quirks in women amusing.
timejim
Take when they are pregnant. They want pickles and ice cream, at the same time, at about 2 in the morning; of course, the stores are closed by then. And have you noticed how, when you stare at them, they either wiggle their eyes at you, or, they look at you out of the side of their eyes, thinking you won't notice. And why do they constantly sling their head to, it looks like, get their hair out of their eyes. I've noticed even Network anchors do this, oh, they also do it at the Oscars. But you know what, it sure is nice having them around; at least for entertainment.

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you mean to suggest that their value does not extend beyond "entertainment?"

cookiemonster

I loooove women

Wait a minute...

What about men and *their* quirks, hmmmmm? :wink:

Why can't men admit they are lost and ask for directions?

Why is it they attempt to assemble things without reading directions and then get all upset when they can't figure it out?

Why don't they admit *before* they irreparably damage something that they had no idea what they were doing?

Of course I know none of these things apply to the men here at PF. I'm talking about all those "other" men.

Originally posted by Evo
Wait a minute...

Because some men can't face reality.

Originally posted by Evo
Why don't they admit *before* they irreparably damage something that they had no idea what they were doing?

Its called "Percussive Maintenance". If it don't work, whack it as hard as you can until it is fixed.

Reading the directions was always kind of insulting. It's like saying "This machine is smarter than you are." I always used to think that I was smarter than a silly bookcase. But just in the last week, I've been outsmarted by three different cameras, two computers, a tennis racket, a cell phone, a car stereo, a manual door, and--believe it or not--a wall. Yes, a wall got the better of me. It did it in style, too, with its little *thud* when I plastered my face on it. Lucky me that nobody was awake when it happened.

cookiemonster

This would be tantamount to shooting Bambi as she Sleeps. Not much sport in it.
Why is it they attempt to assemble things without reading directions and then get all upset when they can't figure it out?
Because you are not a man if you can't.
It's likely that a man made that something in the first place, and most certainly a mans job to know what they are doing with it.

The purpose of man is to make life possible, while the womens is to make life worth living. I didn't make the rules. I just follow them.

Originally posted by UltraPi1 It's likely that a man made that something in the first place, and most certainly a mans job to know what they are doing with it.
The purpose of man is to make life possible, while the womens is to make life worth living. I didn't make the rules. I just follow them.

I like my sister's outlook on men. She says "If we can put a man on the moon...why not ALL of them!?"

Originally posted by Tsunami
I like my sister's outlook on men. She says "If we can put a man on the moon...why not ALL of them!?"

Whoa.. now don't be sending all the men to the moon . I have no doubt that you gals really love men quirks and all. And God can you imagine a world without men , no thanks!

haha... well men have more quirks then women imo, anyway quirks are what make relations different.

Originally posted by null
Whoa.. now don't be sending all the men to the moon . I have no doubt that you gals really love men quirks and all. And God can you imagine a world without men , no thanks!
Heck, no! I just liked her little saying! Cracked me up!

I haven't laughed as much for ages

You guys (men) are hysterical!

Originally posted by Evo
Wait a minute...

Of course I know none of these things apply to the men here at PF. I'm talking about all those "other" men.

Nice comeback.. It's nice to poke fun at ourselves now and then. Remember what famous wiseman once said, " he who doesn't smile, the muscles in his face will atrophy and his cheeks will sag to his shoulders". Oh, why is it that "wisemen" are spoken of? Is there such a thing as wisewomen?

Originally posted by MacTech
haha... well men have more quirks then women imo, anyway quirks are what make relations different.

Is that really you in the photo? If so, why aren't you in Hollywood?

Originally posted by timejim

How many is that now MacTech? 3 or 4? LOL in his 'signature box' thing and you will see the name "Ben". Dont worry i fell for it the first time too!

Hmmmm we all have our quirks which is what makes us fun. However men don't get lost. That's what road signs are for. It's not our fault that women don't look at anything other than the road. We KNOW where we are going, it's just that they insist we stop and ask cos they don't know where they are. I have happily taken a wrong turn in an unfamiliar city and worked my self back onto the route through using road signs. Not hard...

Something my momma used to say..

"Women may have many faults
Men have only two,
Everything they say
And everything they do."

Originally posted by Math Is Hard
Something my momma used to say..

"Women may have many faults
Men have only two,
Everything they say
And everything they do."

Fault 1. "Everything we say." Only cos it interrupts what the woman is saying.

Fault 2. "everything they do." Cos its not what the woman wants

:smile: woot! i got there first!

The only reason to reply to this thread is that there is none other.

Nice comeback.. It's nice to poke fun at ourselves now and then. Remember what famous wiseman once said, " he who doesn't smile, the muscles in his face will atrophy and his cheeks will sag to his shoulders". Oh, why is it that "wisemen" are spoken of? Is there such a thing as wisewomen?
The term 'wisewoman' was never needed as ALL women are wise. The term 'wiseman' came about because it was such an anomaly!
(Yes. Laughter is GOOD! :wink:)

Originally posted by Loren Booda
The only reason to reply to this thread is that there is none other.

There is one other reason (the reason why most posts are on this thread), and that is gender bashing.

There is one other reason (the reason why most posts are on this thread), and that is gender bashing.

oh, I wouldn't call it "bashing". Maybe a little good-natured shoving, though..

:smile:

Originally posted by jimmy p
How many is that now MacTech? 3 or 4? LOL in his 'signature box' thing and you will see the name "Ben". Dont worry i fell for it the first time too!

WABHAHAHAH

no i am sorry but i am not her, lol, yes my sig does say ben, i thought it was pretty clear to see that i am a guy by the sig line.. anyway I have added another line to my sig to clear up even further. :wink:

oh, I wouldn't call it "bashing". Maybe a little good-natured shoving, though..

:smile:

How 'bout "affectionate nudging"? :wink: I love men. I think they're great. I wish they were 'tidy freaks' like me, but I wish that about women, too. :wink: I generally get along better with men than women. We all have our 'quirks'. I love quirky people.

No one is looking at Ben's signature, they're looking at his avatar. Another "male" thing? Hmmmmm? :wink:

I think the ability to acknowledge and laugh at male/female stereotypes is healthy.

Originally posted by Evo
No one is looking at Ben's signature, they're looking at his avatar. Another "male" thing? Hmmmmm? :wink:

I think the ability to acknowledge and laugh at male/female stereotypes is healthy.

lol! exactly why i said that

"well men have more quirks then women "

Originally posted by MacTech

My avatar: Is of Katie Holmes!
Um...WHY?!

I think MacTech is a lesbian trapped in a man's body :wink:

I think MacTech is a lesbian trapped in a man's body :wink:

ROTFL! HAHAHAHAAH

The new yearning: trans-genderfication by computer.

Um...WHY?!
I think it's cause he likes Katie Holmes so much, but it sure is dern disorienting or the rest of us. I thought the "Ben" in her signature was a tribute to a boyfriend, like a tattoo.

How 'bout "affectionate nudging"? :wink: I love men. I think they're great. I wish they were 'tidy freaks' like me, but I wish that about women, too. :wink: I generally get along better with men than women. We all have our 'quirks'. I love quirky people.

<--- tidy freak - no, room messy, navigate through 1/2 foot clearance
<--- quirky - definitly

I just don't get high school girls though. They act irrational many times and are the most quirky to me (may be overgeneralization).

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
I think it's cause he likes Katie Holmes so much, but it sure is dern disorienting or the rest of us. I thought the "Ben" in her signature was a tribute to a boyfriend, like a tattoo.

Back