Why Do We Use the Inverse Impulse Response in Practical Applications?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of inverse impulse response and its practical application. The inverse impulse response, which is effectively 1/h(t), is used to find the inverse of the output of a system. A practical example of its use can be seen in image processing, where it is used to enhance images. The conversation also mentions using Google to find more information and resources on the topic.
Eng-a
hello all
i just want to know why we use the inverse impulse response ? and i need a practical example on it ?/ and how?/?
i need Quiqly answer as soon as u can please...:smile:

Engineering news on Phys.org
Eng-a said:
hello all
i just want to know why we use the inverse impulse response ? and i need a practical example on it ?/ and how?/?
i need Quiqly answer as soon as u can please...:smile:

Can you please post an example of what you mean? Also, if this is for homework or coursework (sounds like it is), I can move your thread to the Homework Help forums.

The impulse response is basically stimulating a system with a unit impulse. The output when you do this is nothing more than the impulse response. So taking the inverse impulse response which is effectively 1/h(t) is the same as 1/y(t) which is the inverse of the output of the system.

tenacity2986 said:
The impulse response is basically stimulating a system with a unit impulse. The output when you do this is nothing more than the impulse response. So taking the inverse impulse response which is effectively 1/h(t) is the same as 1/y(t) which is the inverse of the output of the system.

ok i know that it related to the impulse but i need a practical example in application of use the inverse impulse response such somthing in image ( i need a live using of it )
I mean aclearly reasone for using it?

Eng-a said:
ok i know that it related to the impulse but i need a practical example in application of use the inverse impulse response such somthing in image ( i need a live using of it )
I mean aclearly reasone for using it?

Google is our friend. I googled "inverse impulse response", and got some hits. This one off of the 2nd page of hits looks like it might be what you are looking for in an application:

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0810/0810.1883.pdf

FAQ: Why Do We Use the Inverse Impulse Response in Practical Applications?

1. What is the inverse impulse response and why is it important in science?

The inverse impulse response is a mathematical function used to model the time-domain behavior of a system or signal. It is important in science because it allows us to understand and predict the output of a system when given an input, which is crucial for analyzing and manipulating complex systems.

2. How is the inverse impulse response calculated?

The inverse impulse response is calculated using the Fourier transform, which converts a signal from the time-domain to the frequency-domain. The inverse impulse response is then obtained by taking the inverse Fourier transform of the frequency-domain signal.

3. What is the difference between impulse response and inverse impulse response?

The impulse response describes the output of a system when given an impulse input, while the inverse impulse response describes the input required to produce a desired output. In other words, the impulse response looks at the effect of an input on a system, while the inverse impulse response looks at the cause of a desired output.

4. How is the inverse impulse response used in signal processing?

In signal processing, the inverse impulse response is used to design filters and equalizers to manipulate and improve the quality of signals. By analyzing the inverse impulse response, engineers can determine the best way to modify a signal to achieve a desired output.

5. Can the inverse impulse response be applied in other fields besides signal processing?

Yes, the concept of the inverse impulse response can be applied in various fields such as physics, biology, and economics. It is a fundamental tool for understanding and predicting the behavior of dynamic systems and can be used in a wide range of applications.

Back