Why Is an Experienced Electrical Engineer Rediscovering Physics?

In summary, an experienced electrical engineer may be rediscovering physics due to the increasing integration of technology and physics in various industries. As technology advances, a deeper understanding of physics becomes essential in designing and improving electrical systems. Additionally, the overlap between electrical engineering and physics in fields such as quantum computing and renewable energy makes it necessary for engineers to revisit their knowledge of physics. This rediscovery can also lead to innovative solutions and advancements in both fields.
Tom Graysopn
I'm an Electrical Engineer with >38 years of experience in heavy industry, pretty much all over the world. The toys in my sandbox tend to be Big, Noisy and Expensive :)
Anyone who has studied engineering in the past knows that Physics is included in the first couple of years and then sidelined as our training focuses more on the electrical aspects, of our profession.
I'm here, because in my maturing years I have started to review all the old physics that I have taken as "given", and rediscovering the joy of actually understanding the underlining physics involved.
Having a daughter completing physics at a university level is also an added incentive to get back into the game.
Maybe I can learn something here, Maybe I can give something back, Who Knows.
Cheers

Attachments

• 2015-08-10 20.12.13.jpg
    2015-08-10 20.12.13.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 300
Physics news on Phys.org
greetings Tom

welcome to PF :smile:

I have been an electronics tech of one kind or another all my working life 40+ years

communications, then audio/video, now into high accuracy GPS machine control and survey equip.Dave

Likes Tom Graysopn