Why Is My Dew Point Calculation Not Converging in MATLAB?

• Thread starter qazinasir
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Point
In summary: Your Name]In summary, Nasir is seeking help with dewpoint and bubble point calculations for hydrocarbon mixtures. He has already made a program using the fugacity method, but is having trouble with convergence at high pressures. He is looking for a reference book or software program to assist him and is open to any suggestions.
qazinasir
I am wondering if someone could help me in dewpoint and bubble point calculation of Hydrocarbons mixture , I have made a program on Matlab using Fugacity relation to calculate the dew point Pressure , but I have problem with convergence , as my required pressure is very high , I don't know why . I have gone through with every steps very deeply and could get it why its not giving me a right answer. could anyone have a program already made on dew point calculation using fugacity for a reference or anyone suggest me any book or have a soft copy of book that help me in this . I am waiting for your kind reply
Regards

Nasir

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello Nasir,

I am a scientist and I would be happy to help you with your dewpoint and bubble point calculation for hydrocarbon mixtures. First of all, it is important to understand that these calculations can be complex and may require some trial and error to get the correct results. It is also important to check your input data and equations to make sure they are accurate.

I would recommend checking out the book "Phase Equilibria, Fluid Properties and Processes" by Yunus A. Cengel and Michael A. Boles. It has a section on dewpoint and bubble point calculations using the fugacity method and also provides sample calculations for different hydrocarbon mixtures.

Additionally, there are several software programs available that can help with these calculations, such as Aspen HYSYS or ProMax. These programs have built-in thermodynamic models and equations that can handle complex mixtures and provide accurate results.

If you are still having trouble with convergence, it may be helpful to break down your calculations into smaller steps and check each step for accuracy. You can also try adjusting your initial guesses for the pressure and composition to see if that helps with convergence.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. Best of luck with your calculations!

Related to Why Is My Dew Point Calculation Not Converging in MATLAB?

1. What is the difference between dew point and bubble point?

The dew point is the temperature at which a gas will start to condense into a liquid at a given pressure. The bubble point is the temperature at which a liquid will start to vaporize into a gas at a given pressure.

2. How is the dew point/bubble point calculated?

The dew point and bubble point are calculated using thermodynamic models and equations that take into account the properties of the gas and liquid being considered, as well as the pressure and composition of the system.

3. Why is dew point/bubble point calculation important?

Dew point and bubble point calculations are important in various industries, such as oil and gas, chemical engineering, and environmental science. These calculations help determine the phase behavior of a system and can be used to optimize processes and design equipment.

4. Can dew point/bubble point calculations be affected by external factors?

Yes, external factors such as changes in pressure or composition of the system can affect the dew point and bubble point. Additionally, the accuracy of the calculations can also be affected by the choice of thermodynamic model and the quality of experimental data used.

5. Are there any software programs available for dew point/bubble point calculations?

Yes, there are several software programs available that can perform dew point and bubble point calculations, such as Aspen HYSYS, ProMax, and ChemSep. These programs use various thermodynamic models and allow for customization based on specific system conditions.