Will cryosleep ever be a reality?

Maximum7
TL;DR Summary
Trying to figure out if cryogenic suspended animation will ever be possible
So one of the big things on my mind lately are whether or not cryosleep is possible. I saw the new Alien: Romulus movie a few weeks ago and the characters need to freeze themselves for a 9-year ship journey to another star system. I also recently read that human hibernation is possible; according to some scientists but this involves slowing down the metabolism and inducing torpor. Many mammals have this in our DNA, and it’s possible to do it to humans. Yet in torpor; you still age and you are only able to stay this way for a few months.

So the cryosleep we see in sci-fi which

1.) Can last hundreds of years

2.) Your body doesn’t age (or ages only a negligible amount)

3.) You don’t need to awaken periodically

4.) You don’t die and can return to normal functioning after a brief time after release.

Will this ever be possible? It is essential that this technology exists if we want to colonize the galaxy. Some have proposed replacing the water in our bodies with anti-freeze to do it but they have to figure out a thawing process that doesn’t kill you.

Note: I am not interested in cryonic reanimation-freezing a dead body to later revive it. There is and will never be a way to reverse death.