Wind force, drag, something :v

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving a body at rest with a fan blowing on it, and the noticeable differences when adjusting the speed, angle, and distance of the fan. The speaker is seeking help with wind force equations, specifically the F= A* P* Cd equation and the (1/2)*(density of air)*(wind speed)^2*(Shape factor) equation. They are asking for clarification on the constants and how to work them out, and prefer explanations over links. Another person suggests using the drag equation and looking up the drag coefficient for standard shapes, and suggests running the equation backwards to determine the drag force at different wind speeds.
Heyy uh I have this problem I'm confused about; there is a body at rest (a sheet of cardboard set at an angle to electronic scales) and a fan blowing at the surface area. There is noticeable difference when I adjust the speed of the fan, the angle it sits at and the distance to the fan. Anyway I need help with the wind force equations, if I have the right equations.

These are the ones I have:
(Wind force) F= A* P* Cd [A: area of item, P: wind pressure, Cd: drag coefficient <- Huh??]
and
(Wind pressure) (1/2)*(density of air)*(wind speed)^2*(Shape factor)

Can somebody explain what the constants are and how to work them out, I would prefer if the responses are explanations not just links that are going to confuse me further

Any help will do :)

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Wind force, drag, something :v

What is wind force?

Wind force is the strength or power of the wind. It is caused by the movement of air molecules and is measured in units such as miles per hour or meters per second.

What causes drag?

Drag is caused by the resistance of a fluid, such as air, to an object moving through it. The shape and size of the object can affect the amount of drag it experiences.

How is wind force and drag related?

Wind force and drag are related because drag is a force that opposes the motion of an object, and wind force is a force that can cause or contribute to the motion of an object. Wind force can either increase or decrease the amount of drag experienced by an object.

What are some common examples of objects affected by wind force and drag?

Some common examples of objects affected by wind force and drag include airplanes, cars, buildings, and even trees. The design and shape of these objects are often influenced by the need to minimize drag and maximize the use of wind force.

How do scientists measure wind force and drag?

Wind force and drag can be measured using various instruments such as anemometers, which measure wind speed, and wind tunnels, which simulate the effects of wind on objects. Scientists also use mathematical equations and simulations to calculate wind force and drag in different scenarios.