Wolfram Alpha or Wolfram Course Assistant

In summary, the conversation discusses the difference between Wolfram Alpha and the Wolfram Course Assistant for Calculus, with the speaker mentioning that they have mentored students who have found Wolfram Alpha to be sufficient. The speaker also mentions sending an email to inquire about the need for multiple paid apps instead of one comprehensive app.
doktorwho
Hi, i would like to get someone's opinion on an iOS app I've been looking into. I already own Wolfram Alpha and am curious as I'm taking Calculus II should i get the Calculus Course assistant from Wolfram and what is the difference between it and the regular Alpha?

Physics news on Phys.org
Dunno. I've mentored a number of students through Calculus 1-3. For them Wolfram Alpha served their needs very well. I'm not sure why Wolfram Course Assistant was added or what additional needs it serves. What have you wanted to do that you have not been able to do in Wolfram Alpha?

Dr. Courtney said:
Dunno. I've mentored a number of students through Calculus 1-3. For them Wolfram Alpha served their needs very well. I'm not sure why Wolfram Course Assistant was added or what additional needs it serves. What have you wanted to do that you have not been able to do in Wolfram Alpha?
I was just curious of why they have number of those course assistance's as paid apps price-er then the one that can do it all, the alpha. Sent them an email about it, no one responded so far.

Related to Wolfram Alpha or Wolfram Course Assistant

1. What is Wolfram Alpha?

Wolfram Alpha is a computational knowledge engine that allows users to get answers to a wide range of questions by computing and organizing data from various sources.

2. What is the difference between Wolfram Alpha and Wolfram Course Assistant?

Wolfram Alpha is a general computational knowledge engine, while Wolfram Course Assistant is a specific tool designed for students to assist with course materials and homework problems in various subjects.

3. How accurate is the information provided by Wolfram Alpha?

The information provided by Wolfram Alpha is highly accurate, as it is based on verified and curated data from reliable sources such as scientific publications and government databases.

4. Can Wolfram Alpha be used for academic or research purposes?

Yes, Wolfram Alpha can be used for academic and research purposes as it provides access to a vast amount of data and allows for complex calculations and analysis.

5. Is Wolfram Alpha free to use?

Some features of Wolfram Alpha are free to use, but there is also a pro version with additional features that requires a subscription. Wolfram Course Assistant is a paid app.