Work experience application form?

In summary, the form says that if you have done work experience in the same area before, you can write it down. However, you don't need to talk about it if you don't want to.
trollcast
Gold Member
I've got a form to fill in for work experience over the summer and just wanted to ask a couple of really stupid questions (I haven't really filled in any proper serious application forms before)

The form is available online as a word doc so would it be ok to fill it out on screen and print it or will it look better being handwritten carefully?

It says other interests (basical hobbies teams etc.) I play sport outside of school but not for a team or competitively would it be ok to put this down, although I already have stuff to fill in here.

I've done work experience before in the same area and was wondering whether I should talk about it on the form or if that make it sound like oh this kid's already done stuff give it someone else?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you can fill the fields at the computer, I would always do that. It is easier to read, independent of the quality of your handwriting. Your signature has to be hand-written, of course.

I've done work experience before in the same area and was wondering whether I should talk about it on the form or if that make it sound like oh this kid's already done stuff give it someone else?
I don't see how previous experience in the area could harm.

trollcast said:
The form is available online as a word doc so would it be ok to fill it out on screen and print it or will it look better being handwritten carefully?
Don't even prinit it, if you can send it as an email attachment. But keep a copy yourself, of course!

It says other interests (basical hobbies teams etc.) I play sport outside of school but not for a team or competitively would it be ok to put this down, although I already have stuff to fill in here.
Assume that you might get asked questions about anything you put on an application form. (Your interviewer might play the same sport, even if it's not work related!). If you don't want to talk about it, leave it out. You don't get extra credit for over-filling the space provided with small print!

Work experience is work experience. It shows you have some idea about what "working" is really like. That's a plus point, not a minus.

Thanks guys,

Think I was having a bit of a stupid moment as when I looked at the forms again it already had a section for previous work experience (I had thought because it was a charity organising stem work experience for people it be a negative but it obviously wasn't).

First of all, congratulations on seeking out work experience opportunities! It's a great way to gain valuable skills and knowledge in your field of interest. Now, to address your questions about the work experience application form:

1. Regarding filling out the form on screen or handwriting it, either option is acceptable. It ultimately depends on your personal preference and what you feel would make your application stand out. Just make sure that your handwriting is neat and legible if you choose to handwrite it.

2. When it comes to listing your interests, it's always a good idea to include any hobbies or activities that you enjoy, even if they are not directly related to the work experience you are applying for. It shows that you are a well-rounded individual and have a diverse set of interests and skills. So, go ahead and include your sports activities in this section.

3. As for mentioning your previous work experience in the same area, there is no harm in doing so. In fact, it can work in your favor as it shows that you have some prior knowledge and experience in the field. Just make sure to highlight any new skills or responsibilities you took on during your previous work experience to demonstrate your growth and development.

Overall, my advice would be to be honest and thorough in filling out the application form. Make sure to showcase your strengths and highlight why you would be a valuable addition to the work experience program. Best of luck with your application!

Related to Work experience application form?

1. What is a work experience application form?

A work experience application form is a document used by employers to collect information from potential candidates who are interested in gaining practical experience in a particular field or industry. It typically includes personal information, educational background, work history, and other relevant details that can help the employer assess the candidate's qualifications and suitability for the position.

2. How do I fill out a work experience application form?

To fill out a work experience application form, you will need to provide accurate and detailed information about yourself, your education, and your previous work experience. It is important to read the instructions carefully and provide all the required information in the designated fields. You may also need to attach additional documents, such as your resume and cover letter, depending on the specific requirements of the employer.

3. What should I include in my work experience application form?

Your work experience application form should include your personal information, such as your full name, contact details, and date of birth. It should also include details about your education, such as the name of the institution, degree obtained, and major. Additionally, you should provide information about your previous work experience, including job titles, responsibilities, and dates of employment. You may also be asked to provide references or write a brief statement about your career goals and why you are interested in the position.

4. Are work experience application forms necessary?

Yes, work experience application forms are necessary for employers to collect relevant information from potential candidates and assess their qualifications for a particular position. It also helps streamline the hiring process and ensures that all applicants are evaluated based on the same criteria.

5. Can I submit a work experience application form online?

Many employers allow applicants to submit their work experience application forms online through their company website or job search platforms. However, some may still require applicants to fill out a physical form. It is important to carefully review the application instructions to determine the preferred method of submission.