Would this be worth filing a laswuit?

• Thread starter TheMacNerd
  • Start date
In summary, the person graduated from high school last June, but they had some legal questions about the situation. They were told they would ride the bus and be able to sit where alphabetically, but at the graduation rehearsal, the head principal said they would sit in a private isolated corner instead. The head principal went against his word and the district's, and the person was not able to ride the bus. They tried another student's name and it didn't work, and they are not on the district's alumni database. They are not sure if it is worth filing a lawsuit, but they need to talk to a lawyer.
TheMacNerd
As the title explains; I have a legal question/legal questions.

I graduated from High school last June. Here's what happened:

Back a long time ago in the 9th grade (Freshman year of high school), I got suspended for OTHER PEOPLE (witnesses that were actually there agree with me say it was OTHER PEOPLE) giving ME a bad attitude about stuff. I ended up getting suspended for 3 years and a summer & being sent to an ALTERNATIVE High school for people giving me the attitude.

Then, back last June at Graduation/commencement, one of the district officials/employees said I was going to ride the bus and (&) be able to sit where alphabetically (the way it works) to one of the local Universities for the commencement (where it typically is), I got the information sheet & every detail on everything about commencement towards the end of my HS Senior year. I said I would sit alphabetically (the district official said it would be MY CHOICE). At the graduation rehearsal, The HEAD PRINCIPAL says: "actually, I'm sitting in the private isolated corner". The HEAD PRINICPAL WENT COMPLETELY AGAINST HIS WORD, AND THE DISTRICT'S.

Then, with NOTHING TO GO ON (before/for the graduation rehearsal), some people accuse me of doing something when I wasn't even there at the regular high school. The head principal then says "no bus ride" (again, completely against his word).

Here's another reason I'm asking if this is suable:

I looked myself up on my high school's alumni databse. I didn't come up AT ALL. No results whatsoever! Even though I went to an alternative school; I still Legally graduated with the (regular) district's diploma.

I then tried ANOTHER student I know I graduated with's name in the database system. Still, NO RESULTS.
-----
Here's an example/similar situation:

If YOU went to an Alternative high school after school admins AND other students gave you an attitude, they allow you back because you EARN IT. The school admins/district STILL CONTINUE with the attitudes, they go AGAINST THEIR OWN WORDS at a BIG DEAL GRADUATION/COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY. You legally graduate with THEIR Degree/diploma, & they FAIL to add you to their alumni system?
-----
I know BARE MINIMUM, if I had gone directly to the superintendent about this whole thing about a month afterwords, they would have very severely scolded the high school's administrators (& maybe even, based on everybody's attitudes) (I WAS THERE).

If I'm not added to the district's alumni association/database (which I'm currently not on either), wouldn't it be legally worth suing them over (in a criminal case against the district). If it's worth it, what could I potentially be suing for?

Physics news on Phys.org
We cannot offer legal advice here. You need to talk with a lawyer in your town to decide if it's worth filing a lawsuit. The initial consultation with the lawyer should not be very expensive, and sometimes you can get a 30-minute consultation for free. Good luck.

Likes russ_watters

Related to Would this be worth filing a laswuit?

What is the process for determining if a lawsuit is worth filing?

The process for determining if a lawsuit is worth filing involves evaluating the strength of your case, the potential damages, and the cost of pursuing legal action. This often includes consulting with a lawyer who can provide legal advice and guidance.

What factors should be considered when deciding whether to file a lawsuit?

Several factors should be considered when deciding whether to file a lawsuit, including the strength of your evidence, the complexity of the legal issues involved, the potential costs and time commitment, and the likelihood of success.

Is it worth filing a lawsuit if the potential damages are small?

This ultimately depends on the circumstances of the case. If the potential damages are small, it may not be worth the time and expense of pursuing legal action. However, if the case involves important legal principles or has the potential to set a precedent, it may still be worth pursuing.

What are the risks of filing a lawsuit?

Filing a lawsuit carries several risks, including the potential for a lengthy and expensive legal process, the possibility of losing the case and being responsible for the other party's legal fees, and the emotional toll it may take on the parties involved.

Is there a time limit for filing a lawsuit?

Yes, there are specific time limits known as statutes of limitations for filing lawsuits. These time limits vary depending on the type of case and the jurisdiction in which it is being filed. It is important to consult with a lawyer to ensure that you do not miss the deadline for filing your lawsuit.