Difference between muscular and normal force

incursio52
TL;DR Summary
I am so much confused between normal and muscular force . The question I want to ask is that if I push or pull a body the force I am applying on the body is muscular force or normal force between my hand and block surface of contact??

OR, should I say that there is only muscular force acting between my hand and block surface??

Also ,according to my book it states that whenever there is a contact between two bodies there exists a contact force which is =√N²+f².
Please anyone help.

Attachments

• 20230929_214639.jpg
    20230929_214639.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 33
Physics news on Phys.org
What is muscular force?

incursio52 said:
TL;DR Summary: I am so much confused between normal and muscular force . The question I want to ask is that if I push or pull a body the force I am applying on the body is muscular force or normal force between my hand and block surface of contact??OR, should I say that there is only muscular force acting between my hand and block surface??

Also ,according to my book it states that whenever there is a contact between two bodies there exists a contact force which is =√N²+f².

Please anyone help.
PeroK said:
What is muscular force?
A force which exerted on a body due to muscles

incursio52 said:
A force which exerted on a body due to muscles
The muscles act internally. They don't affect the external physics directly, but are part of the internal biomechanics of your body.