What are Bogdan's interests?

• Thread starter Hyng Dieng
  • Start date
Hyng Dieng
Hey everyone. I'm just a 20 year old guy looking to find his way around this complex system that we call life. My main interests include stuff like Physics, Politics, Unexplained Phenomena, Metal Music, Stuff Going On In My Home Country Of Serbia, Gaming, History (and am therefore member of according forums online). My real name is Bogdan and am living in a small Balkan country of Serbia (as you could see in the previous sentence also). Glad to be on board this forum for the first time and I sincerely hope I'll be able to stick around for a long long time and have a chance to make some great discussions and conversations. If you have any further question feel free to ask right away.

Off to make some posts now. Cheers!

P.S. Since I already read this General Discussions forum I saw members asking everyone their favorite fish, so I'll just say in advance it's a SQUID.

Physics news on Phys.org
Technically squid is not a fish, but a mollusk.

Borek said:

At least it doesn't have a shell :biggrin:. Welcome, Bogdan!

Borek said:

Actually squids differentiated from their ancestral molluscs such that the body plan has been condensed antero-posteriorly and extended dorso-ventrally. It's actually a cephalopod of the order Teuthida.

Thx for the warm welcomes :D

Hyng Dieng said:
It's actually a cephalopod

Still, not a fish.

Not even a cuttlefish (although closely related).

lisab said:
At least it doesn't have a shell :biggrin:.

But the ink could be a bit messy.

Schloops! A mollusk with many arms squirs ink&goo on Hyng in a cold embrace!

arildno said:
Schloops! A mollusk with many arms squirs ink&goo on Hyng in a cold embrace!

I suppose I could take that as a welcome note too. Like mollusk with many arms is PF and I am caught in it's cold embrace. It's always better to look at the lighter side of things I guess :)

This is what we usually do when someone gives us the name of a fish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

Now what we need is a good squid-squirting video. :biggrin:

jtbell said:
This is what we usually do when someone gives us the name of a fish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

Now what we need is a good squid-squirting video. :biggrin:
here's a squid embrace, at least!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to PF Hyng! :smile:

Thank you you Gad :)

Related to What are Bogdan's interests?

1. What are your interests?

My interests include biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics. I am also interested in environmental science and sustainability.

2. How did you become interested in science?

I have always been curious about the world around me and how things work. As I grew up, I became more fascinated with the natural world and decided to pursue a career in science.

3. What specific areas of science do you specialize in?

I specialize in molecular biology and genetics. I also have expertise in biochemistry and biotechnology.

4. What inspired you to become a scientist?

I was inspired by my teachers and mentors who encouraged my curiosity and passion for science. I also wanted to contribute to the advancement of knowledge and make a positive impact on society.

5. What do you hope to achieve through your scientific research?

I hope to make significant contributions to the understanding of biological processes and their applications in various fields. I also hope to inspire future generations to pursue careers in science and contribute to the betterment of our world.