What are some ways to self-teach astrophysics for curious students?

• Thread starter KinggMalcolm
  • Start date
In summary, there are several ways for curious students to self-teach astrophysics. These include reading books and articles, watching documentaries and online lectures, attending workshops and conferences, and participating in online forums and discussions. Additionally, utilizing educational resources such as podcasts, apps, and simulations can also aid in self-teaching. It is important for students to have a strong foundation in math and physics, as well as a deep curiosity and determination to learn about the vast and complex world of astrophysics.
KinggMalcolm
How did you find PF?
Googling astrophysic related content
Guess I'll make an introduction post and get myself out here.

So hello, I'm Malcolm! I'm currently a high school senior in my local university's dual credit and eagle scholar program. I've always had a passion for space and wanting to do astronomy, and while I'm lucky to have a university 15 mins away from my house that offers astronomy and other space related programs, it's not my major. As much as I love astronomy/astrophysics, I have a stronger passion for music and it's what I plan to study.

Hopefully with the free time I'll possibly have, I'll be able to spend it trying to teach myself some astrophysics. I want to expand my knowledge and be able to nerd out about things like this, and just have fun with it. I've been wanting to teach myself something, and every time I just gravitate towards back to astrophysics.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We like curious students. You should search the history of our astrophysics forum for topics that interest you.