What Data Transmission Media should I choose?

This involves using fiber optic cables for long distances and copper cables for shorter distances. Fiber optic cables can provide high transmission rates and are resistant to electromagnetic interference. However, they can be expensive to install. For a more cost-effective option, you could consider using wireless solutions such as microwave or satellite links. These can provide high transmission rates and are not affected by electromagnetic waves. However, they may have some interference and disturbance issues. Ultimately, the best option would depend on the specific needs and budget of the project. It is recommended to research and consult with experts in the field to determine the most suitable media for the project.
Arch Gabriel
I need to connect 2 building. They're separated more than 30 KM. And they want to get a high transmission rate (between 2 Mbps until more than 155 Mbps). The transmission must not get disturbed by electromagnetic wave at all. The budget is not a problem.

What media should I choose? And why should I choose that media?
If the interference and other disturbance issue is allowed just for a little, what would be the best alternative beside the 1st chosen media?
If they prefer to the operational cost rather than investment cost, what media is suitable? (Assume that there's no TV cable company in that city)

Please give u'r suggestion.. Thx.. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Google for how various companies solve this solution all the time. You're looking at different types of cables, their capacities, and they're insulation.

Structured cabling is a good place to start.

Related to What Data Transmission Media should I choose?

1. What are the different types of data transmission media available?

The three main types of data transmission media are wired media, wireless media, and fiber optic media.

2. How do I determine which data transmission media is best for my needs?

The best data transmission media for your needs will depend on factors such as speed, distance, security, and cost. Consider these factors and compare them with the capabilities of each type of media before making a decision.

3. What are the advantages of using wired data transmission media?

Wired data transmission media, such as Ethernet cables, are typically more reliable and have higher data transfer speeds compared to wireless media. They also offer better security and are not affected by interference from other devices.

4. What are the advantages of using wireless data transmission media?

Wireless data transmission media, such as Wi-Fi, offer more flexibility and mobility as there are no physical cables to restrict movement. They also have lower installation costs and can cover larger distances compared to wired media.

5. What are the advantages of using fiber optic data transmission media?

Fiber optic data transmission media use light to transmit data, making them incredibly fast and efficient. They also have a higher bandwidth capacity and are less susceptible to interference, making them ideal for long-distance transmissions.