China & Korea: Potential Threats?

• News
  • Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    China
In summary, the original statement is that both China and Korea are areas of possible conflict. Korea for whatever gain Kim Jung Il has, and for the possiblity of Nuclear expansion that calls the need for Allied force to halt it. China, for it's open and repeated threats of force if Taiwan declares independence. The security pact we have with Taiwan will pull us into that, despite our want to kiss china's ass on the "one China" policy.

Greater threat to world peace?

• China and/or North Korea?

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • USA?

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
phatmonky said:
Perhaps you can show me where he said this, since you are the only result I have ever found of this statement..

"Washington is now a corporate-occupied territory."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4304155/

Close enough but I was pretty sure that I got the quote right. I'm not sure if I missed the mark a little, perhaps while trying to write while still listening, or if the interview has been cleaned up a little...not sure.

Physics news on Phys.org
For the remainder of the board who aren't absolutely worthless:
You figured out how to get threads you don't like locked. Bravo.
Now, several times at least one person has brought up the idea that China and North Korea are possible threats. Personally I can think of another country which has attacked and invaded other countries far more often over the past century or so. But why would these two be considered a threat to any other nation?
The truth is, they're both dangerous. China and North Korea are both totalitarian expansionist regiemes, but benefit enough from free trade which requires regional stability that they don't attack and conquer as much as they are capable of. Under rational leadership, the US is similar- a relatively benign economic superpower. It's just that sometimes, insane people grab power and threaten to turn the clock back, because their friends or ideologies benefit from war. Weighing the threat from the USA with Korea and China, you have to look at what they do, not simply what you think their intentions are.

kat said:
Transnational corporations (parents) (per capita)
1. Denmark 1737.61 per 1 million people
2. Israel 708.57 per 1 million people
3. Switzerland 615.68 per 1 million people
4. Sweden 576.47 per 1 million people
5. Iceland 277.77 per 1 million people

The U.S. falls in at 25th

Transnational corporations (parents) (per $ GDP)
1. Denmark 6.02e-06 per $100
2. Israel 3.69e-06 per $100
3. Sweden 2.21e-06 per $100
4. Switzerland 1.93e-06 per $100
5. Iceland 9.23e-07 per $100

The U.S. falls in at 34th

http://www.nationmaster.com/

That's still misleading. Good try, though, and thanks for the stats and the link.

schwarzchildradius said:
You figured out how to get threads you don't like locked. Bravo.

We're on page three, not locked, and I'm still going strong. Nice assumption.

phatmonky said:
We're on page three, not locked, and I'm still going strong. Nice assumption.
Don't push your luck...

schwarzchildradius said:
*SNIP

The truth is, they're both dangerous. China and North Korea are both totalitarian expansionist regiemes, but benefit enough from free trade which requires regional stability that they don't attack and conquer as much as they are capable of. Under rational leadership, the US is similar- a relatively benign economic superpower. It's just that sometimes, insane people grab power and threaten to turn the clock back, because their friends or ideologies benefit from war. Weighing the threat from the USA with Korea and China, you have to look at what they do, not simply what you think their intentions are.
Evidence? North Korean nuclear powered and nuclear armed subs in the Gulf of Mexico? Chinese Red Army bases in Andorra? I think not.

Zero said:
Don't push your luck...

Hey now, I've done my best to be a productive input to this thread. He made the assumption and comment to me. I was well on topic my captain :-p

Zero said:
That's still misleading. Good try, though, and thanks for the stats and the link.

Why is it misleading? What part of "The US isn't doing that" don't you get?

phatmonky said:
You know, instead of continuing to make yourself look foolish, why don't you stop TRYING to prove me wrong/stupid/etc. as your sole point for being here?

No where in your post is there even the quote that Ivan and myself are speaking about.

Second post on second page:
Ivan Seeking: "From the hopeless second runner up in the presidential election this year - Ralph Nader: "Corporations now occupy Washington"

Phatmonky: "Perhaps you can show me where he said this, since you are the only result I have ever found of this statement."

You lacked information, and commented about it. I provided that information. Get over it.

Adam said:
Second post on second page:

You lacked information, and commented about it. I provided that information. Get over it.
Hiss Hiss, Whine Whine...get off my nuts. THat's not the quote.

And to keep this on track...
Are you planning on answer the tibet and starvation questions that no one wants to touch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why on Earth are ANY of you talking about Ralph Nader??

Njorl

Wasn't he the Greatest American Hero?

Adam said:
Wasn't he the Greatest American Hero?

phatmonky said:
And to keep this on track...
Are you planning on answer the tibet and starvation questions that no one wants to touch?

again I say!