What ya' think of Lady Gaga in meat?

• Thread starter jackmell
  • Start date
In summary, Lady Gaga's performance on Vogue this week was not well-received by many of her fans. She was criticized for her lack of talent and for her outdated and tacky fashion choices. Some fans did find her sexy, however, and others thought she just looked old and tired.
jackmell
You guys weren't interested in Lady Gaga this week on Vogue? What do you guys think about it? I gotta' definite opinion about it but would like to know what some of you think first. Just finished listening to "Telephone". I like lots of the songs she sings.

Attachments

• gaga meat.jpg
    gaga meat.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 526
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think of her at all. IMO, she is vacuous and untalented, and tries to make an entire career out of oddness. It was OK when Elton John dressed outrageously, wore goofy glasses and hats, etc, because he really had the chops (piano and vocals) to back it up. She doesn't.

What the hell is a 'gaga'?

Ok, I think you guys are gonna' be mean on me so lemme' me get in my opinion right now:

I think she looks very sexy in that pose. The meat it mostly of a psychological effect. It's not dripping blood and horrific but rather dry-like and hard to even notice it's meat. Don't get me wrong, I think Lady Gaga has some really quality meat on her, and I really like her pose and the expression on her face. :)

Last edited:
jackmell said:
...and the expression on her face. :)
You mean that constant trout-pout grimace? Yuck!

I'm not into her work at all, but I know that she's able to captivate millions of people.

So that makes her a successful artist:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Gaga

Gaga was ranked the 73rd Artist of the 2000–10 decade by Billboard.[1] As of August 2010, Gaga has sold more than 15 million albums and 51 million singles worldwide.[2][3] In May 2010, Time magazine included Gaga in its annual Time 100 list of the most influential people in the world. In June 2010, Forbes listed Gaga fourth on its list of the 100 Most Powerful and Influential celebrities in the world; she is also ranked as the second most powerful musician in the world.[4][5]

Gaga was ranked the 73rd Artist of the 2000–10 decade by Billboard.[1] As of August 2010, Gaga has sold more than 15 million albums and 51 million singles worldwide.[2][3] In May 2010, Time magazine included Gaga in its annual Time 100 list of the most influential people in the world. In June 2010, Forbes listed Gaga fourth on its list of the 100 Most Powerful and Influential celebrities in the world; she is also ranked as the second most powerful musician in the world.
She's POWERFUL, INFLUENTIAL and she captivates MILLIONS of people around the WORLD!
What does she do? She sings songs.

I don't get it.

At least she's not wearing fur. That would be unethical!

leroyjenkens said:
She's POWERFUL, INFLUENTIAL and she captivates MILLIONS of people around the WORLD!
What does she do? She sings songs.

I don't get it.

Perhaps this will put things in more perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3aQRzAOy7Y

waht said:
Perhaps this will put things in more perspective:

Oh, I get it. She and her fans are mentally disturbed.

i grok spoiled meat. Jem has more talent and isn't skanky.

Pengwuino said:

slightly mad, typically as a result of old age, infatuation, or excessive enthusiasm
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gaga?view=uk

So it must be referring to her old age.

Last edited by a moderator:
jackmell said:
You guys weren't interested in Lady Gaga this week on Vogue? What do you guys think about it?
Not much to think about.

In response to the question. :zzz:

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
She makes some great club hits and that is the music scene at the moment.
One more reason to avoid such places - that and guys who move too much - and loud people. :biggrin:

You guys are kinda' gettin' off topic and just raggin' on her and not the picture. But that's ok if it's my thread and the mods don't mind. Really, I'm referring to her looks, the fashion statement, the pose, her sex-appeal, and of course the meat she has on her and the fact it's Vogue and not Playboy.

I believe she would have looked nicer in a red-laced negligee that looked similar to the meat but she's extreme-fashion and wanted to do something off the scale I think.

jackmell said:
her sex-appeal

none.

jackmell said:
You guys are kinda' gettin' off topic and just raggin' on her and not the picture. But that's ok if it's my thread and the mods don't mind. Really, I'm referring to her looks, the fashion statement, the pose, her sex-appeal, and of course the meat she has on her and the fact it's Vogue and not Playboy.
It's like so many other similar pictures.

She wear too much make up IMO. Maybe if I was 30 years younger I might find her more appealing.

I think most 'fashion statements' are silly, and most runway models look ill and not very attractive.

I prefer old-fashioned and simple elegance, not flashy.

It would be more interesting if she was eating the meat... raw
posing in meat is not really new... so I don't really get it - its not new or interesting and so not really fashion... for me anyway.
its kind of saying: I am meat, and I am wearing meat! ? its kinda gross - she's wearing another animal's body on her body... but one is dead and the other is alive... hm so kinda arty!
She's not really sexy tho, and the meat doesn't help...
would be more interesting if she was wearing octopus! that would be more hot!

jackmell said:
I'm referring to her looks, the fashion statement, the pose, her sex-appeal, and of course the meat she has on her and the fact it's Vogue and not Playboy.
Any sane person above 14 automatically fails to give a crap about some pop star's irrelevant attention whoring.:wink:

Astronuc said:
It's like so many other similar pictures.

She wear too much make up IMO. Maybe if I was 30 years younger I might find her more appealing.

I think most 'fashion statements' are silly, and most runway models look ill and not very attractive.

I prefer old-fashioned and simple elegance, not flashy.

This isn't about fashion, it is about provocativeness and showmanship. Going back to Turbo's post about Elton John, I liked him in spite of his circus act, but I guess it takes a circus act to stand out, even when you're as good as Elton.

I don't know the first thing about her music or talent, so I can't comment on that part.

Ivan Seeking said:
I don't know the first thing about her music or talent, so I can't comment on that part.

She actually has some talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM

Ivan Seeking said:
This isn't about fashion, it is about provocativeness and showmanship. Going back to Turbo's post about Elton John, I liked him in spite of his circus act, but I guess it takes a circus act to stand out, even when you're as good as Elton.

and in her case, what provocativeness?

Greg Bernhardt said:
She actually has some talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM

You know what's funny.. she is so much more attractive and better sounding in that video and style.. Like a better version of Alicia Keys

nucleargirl said:
its kinda gross -

Why is is gross? It's not dripping red and smeared all over her face and stuff. Rather it was carefully placed on her body, or previously removed of all fluid, so as not to smear. Didn't you guys notice how it's so "cleanly" and stylishly placed on her body? I'm beginnin' to think you guys don't understand big business.

That's a sexy pose.

jackmell said:
Why is is gross? It's not dripping red and smeared all over her face and stuff. Rather it was carefully placed on her body, or previously removed of all fluid, so as not to smear. Didn't you guys notice how it's so "cleanly" and stylishly placed on her body? I'm beginnin' to think you guys don't understand big business.

That's a sexy pose.

How does putting meat on your body get associated with "big business"? It's not sexy. If she draped a bunch of bananas over her body, it wouldn't be sexy either.

Pengwuino said:

I'm pretty sure that it's a reference to the Radio Gaga radio station. (The same station that's referenced by the Queen song of that name)

jackmell said:
Why is is gross?

its gross cos its a dead animal on her... like wearing a carcass... that's kinda gross :p
its not the way its draped or her pose, its the fact of what it is.

nucleargirl said:
It would be more interesting if she was eating the meat... raw
posing in meat is not really new... so I don't really get it - its not new or interesting and so not really fashion... for me anyway.
its kind of saying: I am meat, and I am wearing meat! ? its kinda gross - she's wearing another animal's body on her body... but one is dead and the other is alive... hm so kinda arty!
She's not really sexy tho, and the meat doesn't help...
would be more interesting if she was wearing octopus! that would be more hot!

this. unoriginal. although, she does seem to have some obsession with things related to blood.

but what i think it's really all about is money. and what i mean by that is, she's fairly unattractive. making a career out of being a sex symbol like madonna was never an option. so what choice did she have but to go weird ? even the apparent blood obsession is probably a contrived appeal to her target demographic.

Proton Soup said:
this. unoriginal. although, she does seem to have some obsession with things related to blood.

but what i think it's really all about is money. and what i mean by that is, she's fairly unattractive. making a career out of being a sex symbol like madonna was never an option. so what choice did she have but to go weird ? even the apparent blood obsession is probably a contrived appeal to her target demographic.

Yeah, I agree she's not very attractive although I've seen pictures where she appears to look quite attractive like the photo below. That's something if I was 20-something, I'd be interested in at a club. And I do believe she does this extreme-fashion to take away from her face. However, I personally think she looks quite attractive and hot in that Vogue picture, the meat, well, how about BBQ?

Attachments

• lady gaga.jpeg
    lady gaga.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
Just skimmed through this article where she gives some comments; http://www.celebitchy.com/107047/lady_gaga_you_wont_ever_catch_me_in_sweatpants_and_a_hoodie/ and she admits "Everything I do is about getting a reaction."

Personally don't find her music too bad, but her music videos and shows are getting a little out of hand. Yes I agree, she certainly has a thing about blood and killing people.

EDIT: in her original stuff she's quite good looking, now she's overkill with costumes and makeup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:
I think she should wear a bacon wrap.

I'm afraid bacon is just not meaty enough for Ms. Superstar. I mean bacon to me would come across as cheap meat but Ms. Gaga is probably wearing thinly-sliced filet Mignon. She's a classy chick with quality meat. That's what the image is telling me.

jackmell said:
I'm afraid bacon is just not meaty enough for Ms. Superstar. I mean bacon to me would come across as cheap meat but Ms. Gaga is probably wearing thinly-sliced filet Mignon. She's a classy chick with quality meat. That's what the image is telling me.
Classy? Tacky & gimmicky come to mind. But tacky and gimmicky sells to kids. She made a risky move and it paid off for her big time.

Last edited:
Back