5 GHz PC WiFi connection Cybersecurity question

riveramoncada
Please help me answering What is the complete list of characters of the complete list of information exchanges standards or any group of characters i can use for my wifi username and password?

Technology news on Phys.org
Is this question for schoolwork? What is the context of your question?

If not for schoolwork, what ISP and what browser and what operating system are you using, etc.?

Lordy.

Likes Nik_2213
As cautioned above, it depends on your browser and your WAP. .
Browsers are usually sufficiently documented, but getting detail from WAP maker may be harder. Hopefully, brand has a forum....

As I understand it, a short, bizarre pass-word, with a quorum of Alt-coded characters, which relies on 'Security via Obscurity', is much less of a barrier to serious hackers than a long ordinary one.

This has nothing to do with any browser or operating system, it depends only on the WiFi Access Point you are trying to connect to.

The relevant standard (IEEE 802.11 section 12.4) allows all characters "traditionally used as letters and numbers in writing systems", including for instance Ελληνικά or हिन्दी, and also all characters corresponding to ASCII code points 33(!) to 126(~): note that this does NOT include the space character.

In practice, many routers will only accept those ASCII characters, so any character in
Code:
!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~