A rod that falls while rotating from the end of a table

Kim Gi Hyuk
Misplaced Homework Thread -- Please repost in the schoolwork forums and show your work
Hi!
I am a high school physics teacher in Korea.
I have a question for you, a physics expert.

A rod that falls while rotating from the end of a table

A rod of mass m and length L is inclined by theta o (thera_o > 0) when the center of the rod is in contact with the end of the table, and the initial angular velocity is omega_o = 0. At this time, the rod was slightly pushed by an amount d in the longitudinal direction. The acceleration due to gravity is g, and the moment of inertia of the rod about the point of contact is I.

1. When the rod rotates without slipping at the point of contact and leaves the table, find the inclination theta_f and the angular velocity omega_f.

2. If the rod rotates slightly at the point of contact and then slips, find the angle theta_s at which the slip occurs.

3. When leaving situation 2, find the inclination theta_f and the angular velocity omega_f.

Please reply here or let us know by email below.
[Email removed by moderator]

Physics news on Phys.org
Kim Gi Hyuk said:
I am a high school physics teacher in Korea.
I have a question for you, a physics expert.
Even when posted by a teacher, it is a homework type question and should be posted in the appropriate sub-forum with an attempt to solve it.

Likes berkeman
Agreed.

@Kim Gi Hyuk -- Please repost this in the Homework Help, Introductory Physics forum and show the Relevant Equations and your Attempt at the Solution. Whether you are an instructor or not, you need to follow the PF rules (see INFO at the top of the page). Thank you.