Asking For Information On Internships (I am interested in quantum information, solid-state, and many-body physics)

Nicolasrei
Hello, kind souls.

I am planning to finish my bachelor in the start of next year (early February to be precise).

Before I go for my PhD (I will skip the master, something not unusual in my country, especially after a long bachelor like I did), I wish to get some more hands-on research experience with an internship in some lab or company.

I have been doing some research (and found some interesting options for me) but I just wanted to know if somebody here knows about any program that does something like this (word of mouth always seems to carry the best info from what I have perceived).

I am interested in quantum information, solid-state, and many-body physics and have a European passport.

For anybody that sees this thank you ( specialy If you happen to know something and take the time to write It down, but even If you don't thank you for taking some time to read It ).

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you asked your professors and department head (or departmental staff)? That's often the best resources to start with.

Likes Vanadium 50
Just to be clear, you want this to run from Feb 2025 to Sep 2026?

CrysPhys said:
Have you asked your professors and department head (or departmental staff)? That's often the best resources to start with.
I have asked my orientator for some information and he gave me a few names I could contact to look for something, but I am still trying to get as much options as possible before reaching out to any of them.
But thanks very much for the addvice.

Vanadium 50 said:
Just to be clear, you want this to run from Feb 2025 to Sep 2026?
From Feb 2025 to dezember 2025 or any interval inside of this.

You're planning on starting a PhD in December? In most of the Northern Hemisphere, these programs start in Fall. Further, the time from application to start date is ~3/4 of a year, so that means when you apply for grad school, you will have just started to work in this program. It would have had time to improve your application.