Big Bang as the Collapse of a Wave Function

f00gass
I don't have deep knowledge in quantum mechanics, astrophysics, or cosmology. Therefore, I'd like to ask more knowledgeable people. Is there a possibility that the Big Bang, which gave rise to our entire universe, is the result of the collapse of a giant wave function? Or is this theory inherently flawed? I couldn't find any mentions of such an idea online :\

Space news on Phys.org
I don't know what this means, but if it's not in the published literature, that says something (and that its not suitable for PF discussion).

Likes f00gass
f00gass said:
I don't have deep knowledge in quantum mechanics, astrophysics, or cosmology. Therefore, I'd like to ask more knowledgeable people. Is there a possibility that the Big Bang, which gave rise to our entire universe, is the result of the collapse of a giant wave function? Or is this theory inherently flawed? I couldn't find any mentions of such an idea online :\
:welcome:

There are some speculative ideas that a universe could emerge from so-called "quantum fluctuations". If you do an Internet search, you'll find lots of material, nonsensical or otherwise. In any case, here's a popular science summary of the issue:

Likes f00gass
Vanadium 50 said:
its not suitable for PF discussion
Indeed. Thread closed.