Bigger copper windings make electric motor faster?

In summary, bigger copper windings in an electric motor can increase the amount of current flow and result in a faster motor speed. The size of the windings directly impacts the speed of the motor, but there is a limit to how fast a motor can spin before becoming unstable. There is no guaranteed size or ratio for copper windings that will ensure a faster motor, as the size must be balanced with other factors. However, using bigger windings can also lead to drawbacks such as increased size, weight, and cost.
pickerguy
I want to use some motors i had laying around to do a project.
A flick of the shaft measures 5MA.
I want to rewind the motor so it produces 10ma.
do I use bigger wire, or the same size wire just more of? less of

or will I just have to

Engineering news on Phys.org

What kind of motor is it? Does it use AC or DC?

Related to Bigger copper windings make electric motor faster?

1. How do bigger copper windings affect the speed of an electric motor?

Bigger copper windings in an electric motor increase the amount of current that can flow through the motor, resulting in a stronger magnetic field and therefore a faster spinning rotor.

2. What is the relationship between the size of the copper windings and the speed of an electric motor?

The size of the copper windings directly impacts the speed of an electric motor. Bigger windings allow for a greater amount of current to flow, resulting in a faster motor speed.

3. Can increasing the size of the copper windings make an electric motor too fast?

Increasing the size of the copper windings can increase the speed of an electric motor, but there is a limit to how fast a motor can spin before it becomes unstable. It is important to balance the size of the windings with other factors such as the power source and the load on the motor.

4. Is there a specific size or ratio for copper windings that will guarantee a faster electric motor?

There is no specific size or ratio for copper windings that will guarantee a faster electric motor. The size of the windings must be carefully chosen and balanced with other factors, such as the motor design and intended use, to achieve optimal performance.

5. Are there any drawbacks to using bigger copper windings in an electric motor?

While bigger copper windings can increase the speed of an electric motor, they can also increase the size and weight of the motor. This may not be ideal for certain applications where size and weight are important factors to consider. Additionally, increasing the size of the windings may also increase the cost of the motor.