Biographies, history, personal accounts

• History
  • Thread starter sbrothy
  • Start date
Occasionally I can understand the dislike STEM educated people harbors towards philosophy. Especially if it touches on the subject matter they themselves are educated in, and the "so-called" philosopher hasn't taken the time and effort to understand the grisly details of the aforementioned matter. It's a little like if I wrote a long treatise on the interpretation of QM (and likely had it accepted only on viXra :) ).

Sometimes though, someone burns through and you can see they actually did their homework. Even if I can't follow the mathematics all the way I appreciate these papers more. It's somewhat like appreciating a fine piece of art even if, according to creators and reviewers, I don't have the necessary qualifications for doing so.

Another, more loose, analogy is that sometimes a piece of music will mean more to me if I hear it in a lossless format like WAV/FLAC as opposed to a 256 kbit/s mp3. Or even if I hear my little sister singing Händel's Messiah as opposed to hearing it somewhere randomly. I can then find the exact version that *really* talks to me from all the versions out there.

This one is almost there but I suspect it's a few steps short:

Is time one-dimensional?

It's a tough (and possible unfair) question to put to you, but is my suspicion right?