Bottled and canned drinks.What's your preferred drinking method?

• Thread starter Dadface
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Method
In summary: It's the only way to drink them.No matter what the person says,old prescription bottles give the vodka a more legit shot. Vodka from a new bottle will always taste fake to me.In summary, old prescription bottles give vodka a more legit shot.
Dadface
Do you like to drink straight from the bottle or the can or do you prefer to use a glass?Perhaps you have some other method.For me cold beer tastes much better if poured into a glass,not a plastic glass but a glass glass,which is ideally tall and thin.Some will say that's nonsense and that a beer drunk from a beer bottle made of glass must taste the same as that beer when drunk from a beer glass made of glass.Nonsense it may be but to me beer tastes better from a glass.I suspect that its something to do with the fact that like eating ,the enjoyment of drinking involves all of the senses.What a load of rubbish this is .It's making me thirsty.:-p

Physics news on Phys.org
Cans are easier to open.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPm3l5przFI

I definitely enjoy beer in a glass glass, but for some reason, particularly in summer, I'm quite partial to a few cans - I guess I'm more likely to grab a few and head down the beach or a place where (a) glass would be impractical.

A cup.

Dadface said:
For me cold beer tastes much better if poured into a glass

I prefer something like these:

55514.jpg

Straight from the tit.

Dadface said:
Do you like to drink straight from the bottle or the can or do you prefer to use a glass?Perhaps you have some other method.For me cold beer tastes much better if poured into a glass,not a plastic glass but a glass glass,which is ideally tall and thin.Some will say that's nonsense and that a beer drunk from a beer bottle made of glass must taste the same as that beer when drunk from a beer glass made of glass.Nonsense it may be but to me beer tastes better from a glass.I suspect that its something to do with the fact that like eating ,the enjoyment of drinking involves all of the senses.What a load of rubbish this is .It's making me thirsty.:-p

Beer will have more of a taste from a glass than a bottle. Beer will open up like wine when air hits it. What the mechanism is, maybe oxidization, I don't know. A can will transfer some of that metal taste into the beer. Beer poured from a keg or a dark bottle will have the freshest taste. Light has some kind of negative effect on beer.

I've been in the restaurant industry for 15 years, Went to booze school a few times.

I like to drink shots of vodka from old prescription bottles.

Related to Bottled and canned drinks.What's your preferred drinking method?

1. What is the difference between bottled and canned drinks?

Bottled drinks are typically packaged in glass or plastic containers, while canned drinks are packaged in aluminum cans. The choice of packaging can affect the taste and shelf life of the drink.

2. Which type of packaging is better for the environment?

Both bottled and canned drinks have an impact on the environment. However, aluminum cans are more easily and frequently recycled compared to plastic bottles. Therefore, canned drinks may be a slightly more environmentally friendly choice.

3. Are there any health concerns with drinking from plastic bottles or aluminum cans?

Some people have concerns about chemicals such as BPA and phthalates leaching from plastic bottles into the drink. However, most plastic bottles used for drinks are now BPA-free. Similarly, there is no evidence that aluminum cans pose a health risk.

4. Can I reuse plastic bottles or aluminum cans?

It is not recommended to reuse plastic bottles as they can harbor bacteria and leach chemicals into the drink. Aluminum cans, on the other hand, can be recycled and reused multiple times without any impact on the drink inside.

5. Does the type of packaging affect the taste of the drink?

Yes, the type of packaging can affect the taste of the drink. Aluminum cans can give a metallic taste to the drink, while plastic bottles can sometimes alter the taste due to chemicals leaching. Glass bottles are generally considered to have the least impact on the taste of the drink.